Is the 300 WSM Dead?

msstate56

Lil-Rokslider
It may not be dead, but it may be dead to me once my 7SAUM barrel is complete. I’ve killed a lot of western game with it, but it just can’t keep up with the 7mm 180 ELDM and fit in a SA magazine.

archp625

WKR
Mines not dead or dying. I just had mine built a couple years ago to model off Ryans pug rifle and I love it. I do reload so that helps. But, nothing like flinging 200 grain bullets down range in a short, not a ton recoil.

AZ_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Mines not dead or dying. I just had mine built a couple years ago to model off Ryans pug rifle and I love it. I do reload so that helps. But, nothing like flinging 200 grain bullets down range in a short, not a ton recoil.
How short of a barrel? I have an early 2000’s win 70 coyote in 300WSM thats been collecting dust for 20 years. I was thinking about cutting it to 18”… I was thinking of 16” but I don’t think I have a can that is rated for that short.

archp625

WKR
How short of a barrel? I have an early 2000’s win 70 coyote in 300WSM thats been collecting dust for 20 years. I was thinking about cutting it to 18”… I was thinking of 16” but I don’t think I have a can that is rated for that short.
20” with a suppressor. I’m getting 2740 fps with H4350. I know I can go hotter by why when I have a rifle that is capable out to 850.

jcmcl18

FNG
I certainly hope it’s not dead. I’m the process of a build for my tikka, 20” OMR barrel to run suppressed

No it’s not dead. It will never be as popular for factory ammo as the 300WM and maybe even the 300PRC but Lapua would not have added it to their product line if the support wasn’t there.

You also always have the option of having custom ammo loaded if you don’t want to reload or can’t find the factory offering you are looking for.

I recently purchased a T3X Roughtech Ember stainless in 300WSM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro