Help Me Pick a 7MM-08

OP
B

BCD

WKR
Too bad the x bolt hells canyon speed is no longer chambered in 7/08. That would fit the bill nicely. Maybe a slightly used one will show up on g.i. or g.a, or similar sights. They are available in creed, 308, 270 etc however. Ive had several xbolts. They shot great, felt good shouldered, but didnt feed well. Even trying different magazines didnt help. Kind of a shame.
There are still a few 708s out there in the speed model.

Do you have any experience with the Sauer?

I have not personally shot one, but have handled a few at the gun shop. If you don't like the Tikka stocks, I can't see you liking the Sauer stock. Also, the Sauer 100 doesn't have a true short action either. It is is a "medium" action, just like the Tikka. That is actually a good thing for the 7-08, in my opinion. It allows you to just grab a LA magazine and load the heavier 7mm bullets out further, so you are not sacrificing powder space in order for it to fit in the SA mag.
I have personal experience with the X-bolt in multiple configurations, so that is why I would recommend that one.

Reactions: BCD
I knew what your meant...Tikka all the way for me.also.
Thinking about a new Tikka 1-8 twist 243 to shoot 108's or 105 vld.

Find a stainless Varmint in 223, 1-8”, and shoot 77 TMK or 75 ELDM.

Although ain’t much I can’t kill with a 150 ELDX at 2790 fps from a Tikka.

IMG_1750.jpeg

Sorry for the hijack.

P

OP
B

BCD

WKR
Does anyone know if the kimber can be had with a camo stock and cerakote barrell?

209hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got a semi custom 7mm-08 built on a Savage action listed in the classified right now if you’re interested. It’s got a brand new barrel on it, hasn’t been shot yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk