Headed to SHOT.

Reddish

Lil-Rokslider
From what I hear, if you want centerfire get it now. Powder and primer shortages are hitting hard and loaded ammo will most likely only go up. I had 4 calibers in a cart on midway two weeks ago, went in early this week and had messages on every one of them notifying me of the new price…and it wasn’t a lower price.
2024 prices are going into effect right now as well. They usually go up some at the first of the year.

From what I hear, if you want centerfire get it now. Powder and primer shortages are hitting hard and loaded ammo will most likely only go up. I had 4 calibers in a cart on midway two weeks ago, went in early this week and had messages on every one of them notifying me of the new price…and it wasn’t a lower price.
Well, in a year from now, hopefully ammo prices will have no reason to stay up and components will be easier to get… with any luck at all, I will be stocking up in the following 4 years

The longest “weekend at Bernie’s” movie will hopefully end in a year…

Davisjj8

Lil-Rokslider
I heard some rumors of stockys x-bolt stock this year. Did they have anything there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wapiti151

WKR
I heard some rumors of stockys x-bolt stock this year. Did they have anything there?

I didn’t see any, but also hadn’t heard that and wasn’t looking for any specific inlets. I will say, the XBolt 2 is NICE. Trigger upgrade and improvement over original is a massive difference, and with 20” magnum barrels, and 18” standard, it’s on my very short list.

Wapiti151

WKR
Anyone handle the Beretta straight pull?
Yes it’s very nice, action is super smooth and it shoulders well. I REALLY hope straight pull catches on here, it’s so superior when it comes to follow up and efficiency, in my experience…although most is with rimfire. I’ll tell you what really impressed, was the Strasser RS700. Straight pull, full 700 footprint, and I think savage/zermatt prefits.

The beretta being 100% ambidextrius is sure nice for the lefty’s. The only knock I had was it’s a bit bulky, especially the action. Idk if I’d say it’s “heavy”, but a bit bulky feeling…but I think a guy would get used to that

Edit: both are ambidextrous according to Strasser website

Last edited:
Yes it’s very nice, action is super smooth and it shoulders well. I REALLY hope straight pull catches on here, it’s so superior when it comes to follow up and efficiency, in my experience…although most is with rimfire. I’ll tell you what really impressed, was the Strasser RS700. Straight pull, full 700 footprint, and I think savage/zermatt prefits.

The beretta being 100% ambidextrius is sure nice for the lefty’s. The only knock I had was it’s a bit bulky, especially the action. Idk if I’d say it’s “heavy”, but a bit bulky feeling…but I think a guy would get used to that

dude, you're coming in with the good stuff here! I haven't heard a peep about the xbolt 2 and you make it sound great. I've never heard of this Strasser, very interesting.

Davisjj8

Lil-Rokslider
I didn’t see any, but also hadn’t heard that and wasn’t looking for any specific inlets. I will say, the XBolt 2 is NICE. Trigger upgrade and improvement over original is a massive difference, and with 20” magnum barrels, and 18” standard, it’s on my very short list.

It looks great. I think with some of the xbolt 2 models they’re pricing them way above their price point. Like the McMillan carbon xbolt 2 at 4k. Go buy a custom for that. Or build the xbolt 2 McMillan for half that. I’m excited to see them up close soon though!

Wapiti151

WKR
It looks great. I think with some of the xbolt 2 models they’re pricing them way above their price point. Like the McMillan carbon xbolt 2 at 4k. Go buy a custom for that. Or build the xbolt 2 McMillan for half that. I’m excited to see them up close soon though!

Agreed, they are proud of em. But, all the XBolt 2s will have those internals and the action improvements…so don’t have to go XBolt SPR. They are using preferred carbon, I’ll bet XBolt prefits will be next. I’ve never been a huge fan of XBolt triggers, but this new trigger is head and shoulders above IMO. Leave all the rest out, that’s what got my attention.

Wapiti151

WKR
I think it’ll be hard to get for a bit…but it’s coming and I’m a big fan. Cool concept with the 700 FP straight pull. It’s one that I think I’ll finally jump on when it comes to straight pull. Although it’s a little pricey, it’s a hell of a lot cheaper than some of the known euro competitors.

Just hope it sticks in US. If it does, it’d be neat to see what competition would do to the market…especially if more companies start jumping on down the line. Diversity is always a good thing , and it’s another justification for buying more boomers :)

gabenzeke

WKR
Drop by the Leupold booth and ask if the new Mk4 will pass the rokslide drop test. Please video it.
I asked them on Instagram when they announced on there. They liked my post but didn't reply. So, no I take it. It won't pass.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Davisjj8

Lil-Rokslider
Agreed, they are proud of em. But, all the XBolt 2s will have those internals and the action improvements…so don’t have to go XBolt SPR. They are using preferred carbon, I’ll bet XBolt prefits will be next. I’ve never been a huge fan of XBolt triggers, but this new trigger is head and shoulders above IMO. Leave all the rest out, that’s what got my attention.

Prefits would be awesome. It would be nice to be able to do builds easier in the future. I’ll have to check out that trigger, mine is good, breaks at 2.25 lbs. I got lucky with it though.

Wapiti151

WKR
Agreed! And stocks are a lot more adjustable, another one I forgot about was the top of the receiver will no longer need longer scope base screws in rear and short in front( maybe I have that backwards?). Thickness is consistent, so all screws will be same length.

I could feel movement or travel in XBolt triggers, so I knew when it was going to break and would cause me to anticipate. These new versions are crisp with a clean break. Reminds me more of a trigger tech.

Davisjj8

Lil-Rokslider
Agreed! And stocks are a lot more adjustable, another one I forgot about was the top of the receiver will no longer need longer scope base screws in rear and short in front( maybe I have that backwards?). Thickness is consistent, so all screws will be same length.

I could feel movement or travel in XBolt triggers, so I knew when it was going to break and would cause me to anticipate. These new versions are crisp with a clean break. Reminds me more of a trigger tech.

I wonder if the new triggers would be compatible with the x bolt 1?

I do like the adjustability, wish they were a tad lighter though. My xbolt has the adjustable comb that’s just synthetic with screws so it’s still 6 1/4 lbs. how did the action feel on the xbolt 2 vs the original x bolt?
ba3317acb8bf5335bf1b75819486c289.png

Wapiti151

WKR
Good question, not sure if they’d work in a 1. Action was really nice, although I didn’t work action side by side so hard for me to say for sure on improvement.