Has anyone done a drop test on Leupold Vx5hd?

you mean the “best warranty you’ll never need?” Still bitter about my rangefinder crapping out right after the warranty expired and then telling me to kick rocks. Not sure where their “best warranty” claim comes from. Their warranty sucks.

Other than Vortex who else has a lifetime warranty on electronics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I do! All the time.

It's why I own Stihl instead of Poulan chainsaws. DeWalt instead of Black and Decker. Toyota pickups instead of anything else. It's why I don't smoke cigarettes or do meth. It's why I believe that the earth isn't flat.

I trust people who do objective testing and publish their results. I trust the experiences of others when it's backed up with data. I suppose I could spend all that money and do all that testing myself, or I could find the best information available and use that to make an informed decision.

Then I use the equipment and track how it performs. It's very rare to have wildly different results than I find in pre-purchase research.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
Hold up. You mean you actually read data, did your research, took it and used it to make YOUR OWN decision…. W.A.S…..wild ass shit.

Everyone else take note.

CorbLand

WKR
Classifieds. I spend my time commenting elsewhere
Assuming you also do most of your reading elsewhere too. Seeing as most of the time you will get recommendations of simple scopes that work, in the 3-9 zoom range which generally have 40-42 mm objective lenses and cost a third of what you claim.

Or maybe your preconceived notion of what Rokslide “is” doesn’t allow you to read anything you don’t want to see.

Assuming you also do most of your reading elsewhere too. Seeing as most of the time you will get recommendations of simple scopes that work, in the 3-9 zoom range which generally have 40-42 mm objective lenses and cost a third of what you claim.
Can you post a link to a scope with these specs that gets recommended and is actually available?

nobody

WKR
Can you post a link to a scope with these specs that gets recommended and is actually available?

Plus the SWFA 3-9, the scope everyone loves to hate, that you can get used on here and through other resellers within about a week to 10 days of patience.

CorbLand

WKR
What @nobody posted.

Plus the SWFA 3-9, 3-15 and 6X can be found pretty regularly in the classifieds. I waited longer for my NXS than I have all four SWFAs combined.

Plus the SWFA 3-9, the scope everyone loves to hate, that you can get used on here and through other resellers within about a week to 10 days of patience.
I don’t ever see very many recommendations for SFP unless the OP specifically states it. And neither are $500.
What @nobody posted.

Plus the SWFA 3-9, 3-15 and 6X can be found pretty regularly in the classifieds. I waited longer for my NXS than I have all four SWFAs combined.
So used scopes, or something that is SFP and not recommended that much. And none except maybe the 6x that is $500. Copy copy.

CorbLand

WKR
I don’t ever see very many recommendations for SFP unless the OP specifically states it. And neither are $500.

So used scopes, or something that is SFP and not recommended that much. And none except maybe the 6x that is $500. Copy copy.
Oh no, you asked a general question and wanted a specific answer.

Yes, there are plenty of SFP scopes that are recommended.

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that my post was specifically referring to one scope and that scope is single-handedly the most recommended.

Last edited:

2531usmc

WKR
My bad 190 LRX... just picked up some 212 and 220 eldx and had that on my brain

About 75 rounds so a small sample size.
Verdict still out,will do a few minor drops and see how it holds up.

Been using VX's since I got my first one around 1980 and have been using them since with very few problems .

My new Tikka build (7 PRC) will likely have an SHV or NX8. Using the NX8 2.5x20 on my.338 ultra and it's definitely a better aiming device.
Carted a VX 3 all over North America and Africa and never had a problem.

JGRaider

WKR
I do! All the time.

It's why I own Stihl instead of Poulan chainsaws. DeWalt instead of Black and Decker. Toyota pickups instead of anything else. It's why I don't smoke cigarettes or do meth. It's why I believe that the earth isn't flat.

I trust people who do objective testing and publish their results. I trust the experiences of others when it's backed up with data. I suppose I could spend all that money and do all that testing myself, or I could find the best information available and use that to make an informed decision.

Then I use the equipment and track how it performs. It's very rare to have wildly different results than I find in pre-purchase research.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
First in line for the Covid jab and boosters too then?

JGRaider

WKR
Just having a little fun, so you may want to lighten up Francis. Never been banned from the 'fire, FWIW, so unlike Formid, I'm still there mixing it up. Never been a more nonsensical post than than a certain individual's "thousands, plural" animals killed, that's for sure.

What's your handle over there fwa?

serorem

FNG
Speaking of Leupold, when will you get your hands on the new Mark 4’s for testing Form?

fwafwow

WKR
Just having a little fun, so you may want to lighten up Francis. Never been banned from the 'fire, FWIW, so unlike Formid, I'm still there mixing it up. Never been a more nonsensical post than than a certain individual's "thousands, plural" animals killed, that's for sure.

What's your handle over there fwa?
I can’t imagine what it would take to get banned there. Hence the extra periods. Just having fun too JayZ

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Just having a little fun, so you may want to lighten up Francis. Never been banned from the 'fire, FWIW, so unlike Formid, I'm still there mixing it up.

Yes, because “mixing it up” online by juvenile name calling is very useful. And how is posting asinine and ignorant things “fun”? Someone’s post about doing research before purchasing an item is met with Covid jabs and boosters, and that’s “fun”?

Never been a more nonsensical post than than a certain individual's "thousands, plural" animals killed, that's for sure.

How many deer a week did you/do you average on crop damage reductions or culling? I could go to a couple of places and kill 500 before the end of summer. I’m not sure how or why that’s an issue or such a big deal to you- there are multiple people on this board that have killed more than a thousand game animals doing the same. There is at least two that are in the 5,000 plus range.

JGRaider

WKR
"Mixing it up" is a figure of speech I use and includes agreeing and/or disagreeing with a post. You're much more thin skinned than I previously thought. No wonder you left the 'fire. Research is great. I don't consider throwing your gear around like that idiot Big Stick as research, however. You keep bringing up asinine and ignorant things......made me think of a MT elk hunt you posted over there. "Entertaining" to say the least.

It's not an "issue" as to how many game animals you've killed, but I've never heard anyone else here claim "thousands,plural".

Curious what you consider "asinine' and ignorant?

Last edited: