Hanwag Ancash experience

There is very little info on the ancash model online. I emailed hanwag about them and they said they are very similar to Alaskas but a little taller and with less volume in the front of the uppers. This sounds good to me because the Alaskas I tried on had too much volume in that area for my narrow flat feet which allowed heel lift.

I don't see anyone stateside selling these so wanted to get other opinions before ordering from Europe.

Would love to hear any experience too. Hanwags are heavily promoted/available here, but new boots will be a spring time purchase.

Skickat från min E5823 via Tapatalk

OP
wind gypsy
I ordered a pair from Europe and they just showed up. First impressions:

Medium volume boot or better, stout leather construction upper, tacky outsole, tons of cushion in midsole. Uppers are a little taller than trangos which I like.

The soles are not as stiff as the light mountaineering boots I'm familiar with (trango cube, scarpa charmoz, cevedale, trapper top) but still supportive. From what I remember of trying on schnees beartooths I'd put these as slightly stiffer.

If they could build these on the trango last with the vibram one outsole from the cubes they'd be perfection to me.

OP
wind gypsy
Sorry, never answered. Yes they fit true to size. Ive got a good 60+ miles on these now, they are the best boot I've found for my uses thus far.

My main gripe with these - The leather seems to soak up water more than leather in my Hanwag trapper top boots, even after treating with kennetreks wax. These have a made in Croatia tag, the trapper tops have a made in Germany tag. Both have stayed waterproof even when leather is soaked.