handgun 2

bbrown

WKR
I carry a Ruger LCR 357 with 38sp +P Hydroshocks in town and 357 flat nose solids in the woods. When size and weight do not matter then I really like my Springfield XD45 - 13 rounds but heavy as hell.

jherald

WKR
I heard there was a Finnish arctic exploration unit in the Finnish Government that issued the G20 10mm to the biologists for polar bear defense. The G20 seems to get a lot of good press and public review.

Daniel_M

WKR
I heard there was a Finnish arctic exploration unit in the Finnish Government that issued the G20 10mm to the biologists for polar bear defense. The G20 seems to get a lot of good press and public review.

I think that may in part be due to the fact that a guy would rather have 15rds of 230gr Double Tap (Ballistics : 1120fps/ 641 ft./lbs.) with more manageable amount of recoil and followup. Personally speaking I have found much less accuracy moving to a larger caliber. 5-6 rounds in a wheel gun don't do me any good if I can't connect. G20 has killed a good amount of black bears, larger I cannot attest to. I generally pack my security alarms while in the woods (2 black labs) who alert me to thing long before I am aware.

I love my Ruger alaskan .44 with a 2.5 inch barrel. With my big hands I can shoot it reasonably well and at a good rate of speed. I prefer revolvers and love me some magnum loads