Gun dog vest - need quick input

trk3263

WKR
I am looking to buy a Neoprene dog vest for my duck dog. She is in between sizes. Are the vests better a little tight or loose?

Thanks

IanF.

Lil-Rokslider
Keep in mind though that neoprene shrinks over time. Make sure there is good fit over tight/loose. If there is a store local,take the dog in or vests to the parking lot. My last averynhad the zipper blow out on about the 5th use. Cabelas are my fav

OP
trk3263

trk3263

WKR
I was going to bid on one on eBay but looks like I am going to grab one from cabelas. I like the front armor and the Velcro closure

n2horns

WKR
I bought my Avery from Sportsmans Warehouse. I brought the dog in and tired out the size. Find a tighter fitting for sure. Also, if you want to tighten up the neck are or other spots, you can cut the neoprene and use neoprene cement and seal it up. I did this with the spot around the neck, my dog doesn't have a full/thick neck. It worked and keeps it more snug now.

OP
trk3263

trk3263

WKR
I bought my Avery from Sportsmans Warehouse. I brought the dog in and tired out the size. Find a tighter fitting for sure. Also, if you want to tighten up the neck are or other spots, you can cut the neoprene and use neoprene cement and seal it up. I did this with the spot around the neck, my dog doesn't have a full/thick neck. It worked and keeps it more snug now.

Good to know because that is one problem I am having. Neck is an XL and chest is a 2xl