Guide Schools later in life and Taxidermy schools

mntnguide

WKR

I am in the same boat and was looking into this school because of The GI bill. Not that I think I could ever guide but I think it would be a blast to learn and a good way to spend the GI Bill
I would highly suggest not going to this school in particular! Owner and the entire outfit is a JOKE! He was a rich businessman that decided to play cowboy and bought all the things to do so and now his kid looks to be running it, and if he learned the same, its still a joke. I taught a pack school for 5 summers, Cody and LeRee at Royal Tine guide school are 2 of the greatest people I know, and have been doing it their whole lives born and bred in Montana and guided all over from Alaska to the states. But more importantly, they have spent over 30 years now teaching people every summer, and know damn well how to do it well and correctly especially if you want to learn the horseback aspect. Also they are approved for the GI Bill as well. When I was teaching with Cody, we had guys from 18 to mid 60s who went through it and went to work in the backcountry. Never to old to learn a new trick and have a good time in the hills

Elite7

FNG
I looked into this when I got out of college and Royal Tine would be the one I would go with if I had the chance. That was almost 20 years ago and they’re still doing it.