Grooming

It's that time of year for I need to start thinking about grooming. Headed out for archery elk where I do a lot of hiking and usually expect the weather to be fairly warm. Will be camping for the week. Maybe a shower or two on trips into town. Rinsing in the creek, baby wipes to wipe off sweet at night back at camp. Here's my plan (and thought process). What preferences/experiences/suggestions do you guys have?

HEAD
- fresh haircut, keep it short. (I think I look better in a hat with long hair but I wear a hat all the time and hate the super itchy head that shows up after a few days).

ARMS
- Hoping to harvest. I hate dried crusted blood all up in my arm hair so I like to have the old arm hair trimmed up pretty good. Usually toss the #3 clipper blade on (if I go too short, the scratchy stubble grabs some of the lightweight sleeves).

TAINT
- PROBLEM: hair tangling/matted together from lots of walking. Makes it like trying to poo through a strainer. Hair pulling while walking. That area can get tender by the end of the hunt!!!

- SOLUTIONS:
Trimming?: - Maybe keep an old trimmer around for that one.
Waxing?: - How many towns away do you go to get that done? How much do you tip???
Products?: - Glide? Hair product? Powder? Lotions?
Wiping?: - Wet wipes? TP? Leaves?

Time to get real. Educate me ROKSLIDE!

scp

Lil-Rokslider
I opened this thread then immediately had to go help one of our kids. I put the phone down on the coffee table. I returned to resume reading and found my wife holding the phone. Apparently she had just read the paragraph entitled ‘TAINT.’ She looked equal parts confused, mortified, and intrigued. She then said to tell the poster that waxing is the only way to do this right.

:ROFLMAO:You have a creek available and you are going to town to take a shower? What is wrong with a bar of hunting soap and a wash cloth in the creek? just asking

If you have been training regularly, the gluteal crease problem hairs should have already tangled and plucked themselves.

Embrace the suck.

FLAK

WKR
I generally keep everything hi and tight anyway. I don't shave anything
cept my face. Don't worry about my arms.

flyinsquirel

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I can't believe we made it to post #13 without someone posting up a link to the original manscaping thread. We'll have to call this one version 2.0.

Taint hairs long enough to get tangled and form a strainer is something I can't un-picture in my mind. Thanks OP.

ODB

WKR
How in the living hell did our ancestors survive without this kind of advice??

AKDoc

WKR
This thread has got to be a joke...every hunter knows that monkey-butt and a dramatic drop in detailed personal grooming are an integral part of an extended back-country hunt...despite the baby-wipes.

Bear_b23

FNG
Train now with full hair and you'll be better prepared. No amount of hair will prepare you for the effects of the elevation

jlh42581

WKR
Trim it all, lowest setting on clippers, even my ass crack but thats all year not just season.

jlh42581

WKR
$10 to the first member to rock a mullet to a full pony tail the whole way down their back like a rednecky horse hockey player

GregB

WKR
I Just take a shower before I leave and the occasional baby wipe bath. There are a lot more pressing issues while hunting.