Governor Polis appoints three new members to the Colorado Parks and Wildlife Commission

Ucsdryder

WKR
You think fewer hunters will help your case?

Also, now I want a pint of craft beer!
I bet your lifetime card toting member. You definitely fit the mold.

Polis had 500,000 more votes than the runner up last year in Colorado. Let me know how many more hunters we would need to change that outcome. And don’t forget that’s only Colorado. Add 250k more hunters (I know, not exactly apples to apples) but that’s what it would take to not have another democratic governor, and let me know what point creep would look like with 250k more resident hunters putting in every year.

You made my point for me, we can’t add enough hunters to offset poll results, all we do by adding more hunters is decrease opportunity for current hunters.

I bet your lifetime card toting member. You definitely fit the mold.

Polis had 500,000 more votes than the runner up last year in Colorado. Let me know how many more hunters we would need to change that outcome. And don’t forget that’s only Colorado. Add 250k more hunters (I know, not exactly apples to apples) but that’s what it would take to not have another democratic governor, and let me know what point creep would look like with 250k more resident hunters putting in every year.

You made my point for me, we can’t add enough hunters to offset poll results, all we do by adding more hunters is decrease opportunity for current hunters.
Never been a member.

You're making the same point I am. Hunters love complaining about votes, but hunters are such a small percentage of the population, we're irrelevant.

If there was enough hunters to matter voting, we all have a stand on one acre and hate it.

OP
B
I think you all are talking past each other. Hunters will never make up the voting majority. However, the majority of voters approve of hunting and we have to work to keep it that way. We are have to convince politicians that anti-hunting measures will triggger a significant pushback for the hunting public. The issue currently is that an extremely small, yet very vocal group have influence with the Gov (or he just hates hunting) and the current ruling supermajority in Colorado.

You need people like them. Most of them have a tremendous amount of experience in wildlife, natural resources and game management. Don't believe everything you read or see on Fox news. I've worked with these people and they are no more dangerous than seasoned personnel at the USFS, BLM, USFWS, NPS and so on. Dissent, open mindedness, transparency and accountability on both sides is what we need in all of our state and federal wildlife agencies. It belongs to all of us.
Absolutely not. Move to Washington and tell us you still feel the same way after a year of seeing the BS the new wildlife commission comes up with every month. Their goal is to end hunting. Period. Same goal in Colorado now. And I'm not a Foxnews loving, panic driven, alarmist. It's the truth and they barely even try to hide it anymore.

Beendare

WKR
We need these people that are decidedly against hunting as a way to control animal populations.

Remember; These are the folks that instead of hunters controlling Elk populations...they brought in a brutal predator that is very hard - AND very expensive- to manage.

That equals less hunting opportunity which their goal whether they admit it or not.

We have seen it in CA....run by liberal Democrats for decades. Their policy has done nothing but hurt hunters- and the current Democrats point to CA as the model for their national policies.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Thinking anyone from the CFBD is good for conservation/hunting is the same as thinking the EV companies do good for the gas and oil industry. Two completely different philosophies.

I’ll hold off on judging this woman, maybe she’s had a change of perspective on hunting and conservation.

gabenzeke

WKR
You need people like them. Most of them have a tremendous amount of experience in wildlife, natural resources and game management. Don't believe everything you read or see on Fox news. I've worked with these people and they are no more dangerous than seasoned personnel at the USFS, BLM, USFWS, NPS and so on. Dissent, open mindedness, transparency and accountability on both sides is what we need in all of our state and federal wildlife agencies. It belongs to all of us.
Nobody needs people like this anywhere.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Marble

WKR
Oregon? Have you ever been to Idaho? Oregon is a mess compared to it. I feel sorry for Colorado and all the millions or NR that hunt there.
I agree. They actually tried to pass a bill last year that would have banned most forms of ranching and all hunting. Didn't pass thank God!

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TurkeyReaper69

Lil-Rokslider
This just simply isn't true. For the most part the feds have very little impact on wildlife management, unless it's a threatened or endangered species, migratory bird, or other exception. Sure feds will manage habitat on federal lands, but the wildlife is an issue at the state level the vast majority of the time.

Loo.wii

WKR
How anyone can call themselves a hunter and vote in these Liberal progressives is mind boggling.
I don’t vote because I don’t agree 100% with any of these political clowns.

Your assertion implies that you think things on either side of the table are mutually exclusive.

This is exactly why we are where we are politically.

I should be able to agree with an D and an R

Mtndawger

FNG
That is a really unfortunate development. Brings up a lot of emotion which I can see from reading the comments. I don’t see it as a republican/democrat thing necessarily. Polis was solid through Covid. Was good for the economy mostly and seemed to make reasoned and solid decisions. He’s becoming much less reasoned and more intentional in a way that his primary constituency is asking for. Colorado’s population is over 6 million which largely resides in the urban corridor of the front range. “ CPW “ has become a catch all for everyone associated with the agency but I don’t think the field staff on the wildlife side agree with what’s happening to the agency at all. The commission which is out of step with the best interests of all of Coloradans has simply swung from one side to the other. It is swinging from a Ag/ranching bias to animal welfare bias with a side of outfitters and private landowners and how to make them happy. Neither is good for the hunting community. And frankly, neither actually seems to be good for wildlife either. The round table public comment discussions that took place recently seem to be well intentioned but then the decisions that result are just head scratchers. This has always been the case. We will never outnumber other constituencies but we can still be heard in large enough numbers to make a difference so it’s important not to hunker down and hope it gets better. I do my best to talk to people about it and advocate for more intelligent approaches. Voting is included in but there is never going to be the perfect candidate so dialogue is our best hope.

JjamesIII

WKR
Colorado and Washington- they want petting zoos. Look at the soy boy voter base. No room for hunters or guns, just Subarus and weed. Thank a liberal next time you see a grizzly bear.

gabenzeke

WKR
Colorado and Washington- they want petting zoos. Look at the soy boy voter base. No room for hunters or guns, just Subarus and weed. Thank a liberal next time you see a grizzly bear.
Liberals aren't responsible for their recovery, just their becoming over objective.

I always hear “a small but vocal group” is influencing the decisions. Why can’t that be hunters? It sounds like hunters, a small group, need to start banding together and become very loud and very vocal. Use the same tactics the other side uses. Use social media to gather large groups and descend on any public meeting they hold. Be polite and respectful but be educated, vocal, and unwavering. Inundate their mailboxes with emails, their offices with phone calls. Take a page out of the 2A groups playbook. It’s your state. Fight fire with fire or you will lose everything.

JjamesIII

WKR
Liberals aren't responsible for their recovery, just their becoming over objective.

Exactly- that’s what pisses me off. The ever -changing goal line. They use good science and wildlife agencies that determine which species are at risk and to formulate a plan of what recovery objectives are. Then they say the same wildlife biologist’ science is wrong when hunting harvest quotas are recommended. It’s always the left, it’s always a focus on the “apex predators”, and it’s always lobbied politically driven animal rights organizations. You absolutely cannot refute this as inaccurate generalizations.