Governor Polis appoints three new members to the Colorado Parks and Wildlife Commission

It’s about to get real bad folks……

Jess Beaulieu

Jess Beaulieu | Sturm College of Law

www.law.du.edu

About - Animal Law | Sturm College of Law

www.law.du.edu

Center for Biological Diversity

The Center for Biological Diversity works through science, law and creative media to secure a future for all species, great or small, hovering on the brink of extinction.

Home - Colorado Environmental Film Festival

Colorado Environmental Film Festival brings you important and inspiring world-class environmental films from all over the world.

John (Jack) Murphy

Urban Wildlife Rescue

Urban Wildlife Rescue is a non-profit business dedicated to saving injured and orphaned animals. We are also a humane pest control company that can evict animals from a home or business without killing the animals.
www.urbanwildliferescue.org

Colorado Animal Protectors

We are a nonprofit 501 (c) (3) that serves to educate the public about animal welfare issues. We support state animal welfare organizations and individuals with special projects, helping them fulfill their missions, which fulfills our own: To protect, educate about, and advocate for Colorado...

I would recommend every Colorado resident hunter contact their representatives and the reps on the natural resources committees and tell any hunting buddies to do the same.

feanor

WKR
Animal and environmental law…. Just what I was hoping my kids would study in the future.

Reactions: OMB
I think the new North American Wildlife Model in a lot of states is going to be feed everything with hoofs to the animals with claws.

Predators are are really big focus in lots of states, and I don’t mean managing them at levels to create healthy ungulate populations.

10 years from now it will be interesting to see where we are.

I’m fairly certain all the west coast states have already appointed similar wildlife commissions. Oregon probably being the least anti hunting from what I have seen.

rideold

WKR
It sure seems that trying to have a joint hunting/wildlife/recreation board that gets appointed by one person with no oversight is pretty impossible. Bias exist and manifest themselves. Even the best natured person is going to lean towards their bias even if it is unconscious. When Polis was a senator I think there were some good and some bad things that came of it. Once he was governor the gloves seemed to come off and he is showing his true nature. I'm sure glad he's almost done. I'd like to think moving to another state would be better but the grass is always greener and some would argue that staying and fighting the fight is a better policy. Time will tell. I certainly don't feel like I ever get a response worth anything from any legislator I ever write to.

87TT

WKR
I think the new North American Wildlife Model in a lot of states is going to be feed everything with hoofs to the animals with claws.

Predators are are really big focus in lots of states, and I don’t mean managing them at levels to create healthy ungulate populations.
Ess
10 years from now it will be interesting to see where we are.

I’m fairly certain all the west coast states have already appointed similar wildlife commissions. Oregon probably being the least anti hunting from what I have seen.
Oregon? Have you ever been to Idaho? Oregon is a mess compared to it. I feel sorry for Colorado and all the millions or NR that hunt there.

Oregon? Have you ever been to Idaho? Oregon is a mess compared to it. I feel sorry for Colorado and all the millions or NR that hunt there.
Washington, oregon, and California are what I consider west coast states. It has the least amount of animals rights activists/anti hunters on its wildlife commissions.

Not sure what Idaho has to do with my comment?

Hippie Steve

Lil-Rokslider
You need people like them. Most of them have a tremendous amount of experience in wildlife, natural resources and game management. Don't believe everything you read or see on Fox news. I've worked with these people and they are no more dangerous than seasoned personnel at the USFS, BLM, USFWS, NPS and so on. Dissent, open mindedness, transparency and accountability on both sides is what we need in all of our state and federal wildlife agencies. It belongs to all of us.

Ucsdryder

WKR
This is disappointing…but you know what’s more depressing? The fact that there is NO end in sight. We can weather a one sided battle, but not a one sided war. As long as the leaf lickers in Boulder and the retards in Denver keep voting, we will keeping seeing this every 4-8 years. Sucks…

SandyCreek

Lil-Rokslider
You need people like them. Most of them have a tremendous amount of experience in wildlife, natural resources and game management. Don't believe everything you read or see on Fox news. I've worked with these people and they are no more dangerous than seasoned personnel at the USFS, BLM, USFWS, NPS and so on. Dissent, open mindedness, transparency and accountability on both sides is what we need in all of our state and federal wildlife agencies. It belongs to all of us.
No.

Ucsdryder

WKR

IMG_8481.gif

Let me guess, california is the model right? Because that’s what california did, and now there are more bears and lions than deer. They don’t even give out depredation permits anymore for lions. This kind of thinking boggles my mind from a “hunter”. Don’t believe everything you hear at BHA get togethers while enjoying crafts beers in pint glasses with all the other adult onset hunters.