Got Scammed

I just wanted to post in here that I was recently scammed out of $400 for an SRO. I put a WTB post and he responded and asked me to text him. We chatted, bartered, agreed on Zelle (my mistake as now that money is as good as gone). He sent pictures and even included one with his user name and the date and time (see pic) before the purchase. He responded to my texts about shipping for a couple of days afterwards and then ghosted. Come on here to see his account had been deleted and now his phone number disconnected.

There were a couple of red flags that I chose to ignore along the way, so ultimately this is my fault. The email didn't match the name and he also insisted on F&F from his "step sons" account had we gone the PayPal route. I just wanted to post this to remind people (and myself) to trust your intuition during a transaction and only send payment through something that covers you in the case of fraud. This is the only time I have had an issue on here and I have done plenty of transactions.

Attached are the pictures he used as well as a screenshot of what his account looks like now, after deactivation. At the time he had a profile picture, a handful of posts spanning a couple of weeks, and a reaction score. Below are the contact details for this gutter drip scumbag although I'm sure he'll switch them up for his next scam.

RS Account: Brainy
Name: Donald Haynes
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (202) 995-8839

Attachments

• -5sBKCgceVyNkZZTfeNkDm.jpg
    -5sBKCgceVyNkZZTfeNkDm.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 169
  • -7lZOKoli5Y17JeQpKNN4GR.jpg
    -7lZOKoli5Y17JeQpKNN4GR.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 147
  • -6i_K2rntq1053Ne86ZdkYn.jpg
    -6i_K2rntq1053Ne86ZdkYn.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 161
I'm sorry about that. They have gotten better and better. I let someone buy something from me G&S, they received the item and immediately filed a claim saying it was defective, didn't return it. PP sided with them returned the funds and closed my account for selling "firearm related parts". Lost my money and item.

I plan to sell stuff on here, however I will link to my other ads showing 100's pos feedback they can buy through there. I almost only buy from people with tons of feedback.

CorbLand

WKR

OP
BucksawBöushh
Very helpful post. Thank you. Kicking myself for ignoring some obvious red flags.

Shake Head GIFs on GIPHY - Be Animated

xsn10s

WKR
Bummer to hear this. We all make mistakes and sometimes have to relearn lessons. I did this two weeks ago. Listen to one of the gun rag authors instead of doing my own due diligence. Got in a rush during a blem stock sale and bought it. In my defense I'm dealing with a ill family member going in and out of a hospital so I wasn't thinking clearly. The hard part is when there are red flags and we ignore them. Thanks for letting us all know.

Sorry this happened to you.
I'm currently in negotiations for a rifle scope in our classifieds that has all the signs.

Irigg22

FNG
I wish I would have seen this post a month ago. I got scammed by the same account from another site for 400$ of 300 h and h brass. All seemed well with pictures and dates in pictures but money gone and no response now