Got my Nomad+Bikini, feeling conflicted...

Here's my Nomad all loaded up for a four day hunt. Food, 3 liters of water, weapon, everything except the clothes on my back, the binos on my chest and the trekking poles in my hands. I'm really happy how well it compresses.

Attachments

• 100MEDIA$IMAG0262.jpg
    100MEDIA$IMAG0262.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 218
Just got back from my trip, all told about 20ish miles put on this weekend. This trip really affirmed some thoughts and made me question other things about the nomad. This pack will be perfect for me for day hunts to over nighters. 3 days can be done with an extra pocket or 2. The pack rode exceptionally well but it must be packed right to ride evenly. I however would not want to do week long trips where I have camp on me at all times. The pack gets wide with a lot of stuff between the wings. The girlfriend rolled her ankle and I ended up taking the lions share of her gear out. I'm confident this pack will swallow whatever I want to strap to it. I had a ton of gear packed between the wings and probably could have shoved a bit more in there. For bear capes and heavy meat pack outs it will be awesome. But hunting with it packed to the gills with a dry bag it's fairly wide for my archery hunts. All told I'm really happy with the pack. It was about an 80ish # load coming out and the bag never felt like it sagged, very impressed. I will be getting a highcamp to go into the wings making a mini emr if you will. But when that happens nothing will be going in the cinch pockets and only water in the slot pockets. Essentially creating a timberline if you will, but with more modular options.

I was asking about your sleeping bag, sorry for being vague!

What's funny is I almost forgot my bag completely before I went out the door. I actually strapped it right above the tent but under the wings. Ill get a pick up when I can for you but it also could have went In to my dry sack food bag that was under the wings and the pack would look the same.
As for the bag I'm borrowing a western mountaineering caribou long from a buddy. It gets pretty small, I'd say 5L. He offered to let me try it before I bought it.

Under the wings.

Not your super ultra light weight setup but super organized, no need to open the wings up unless I spend a night away from camp or get an animal down. By no means is it heavy though, only stuff in the wings is my rain gear, spotter and tripod.

We did about 40 miles last weekend. The combination Nomad/camp bag is great! It works exactly as designed in my opinion. Get to camp, dump the Camp Bag, and you have a day pack that can haul meat...

Back