Good book suggestion for winter read list

Re: Carmack Mccarthy. I enjoyed The Road and No Country for Old Men but those were a long time ago... tried to read All the Pretty Horses recently and the writing just turned me away.. not real sentences... couldn't get into it after several tries.
Not outdoorsy but just reread Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegat for about the fifth time. What a mindf*^@! Also love everything by Tom Robbins and Christopher Moore if u like TR. Sacre Blue is his masterpiece I believe

OP

WKR
@30338 in a couple weeks I'm hosting a guy's night out in Kansas City...the inspiration for the theme is Jim Bridger. We're going to see 504 Westport Rd which is one of the oldest buildings in KC which Bridger used to own...then check out his statue at Pioneer Park, and then eat at the oldest steakhouse in KC. Hoping to have lots of good Bridger facts at the ready so will check out your book.
Wish I was closer for that. I'd love to see some of that stuff. The book is full of great Bridger info of course.

summs

Lil-Rokslider
maine trapper : stores from one of the last mountain man by walter arnold
Quick read, but neat to see perspective. It's a remote country now, hard to imagine getting by 70 years ago!

3forks

WKR
@30338 in a couple weeks I'm hosting a guy's night out in Kansas City...the inspiration for the theme is Jim Bridger. We're going to see 504 Westport Rd which is one of the oldest buildings in KC which Bridger used to own...then check out his statue at Pioneer Park, and then eat at the oldest steakhouse in KC. Hoping to have lots of good Bridger facts at the ready so will check out your book.
That sounds like a fun time. Hope you guys don’t get hassled for carrying your muskets through town.

TxAgHntr

FNG
Another vote for Endurance.

Also, Killers of the flower moon.

Labyrinth of Ice is on my short list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk