Good archery target

Jdoud033

FNG
I use a rinehart 18-1, as well as a Morrell high roller and like both.
rinehart seems to handle broadheads a bit better.

87TT

WKR
I shoot a lot. I have not found a target that will hold up yet. I can get a year out of a Rinehart 18-1 if I rotate it and keep the broadheads down to just before hunting season. I have a Matrix. Not impressed and not worth the money. Shot two modules out and most of a third in less than a year. Mini elk held up quite a while with field points and lighter use, I bought a Bulldog XL and I use it in my garage range (12 yds). The front got shot up so I flipped it around. Now the stuffing is blown out the back. Several cheap bag targets have held up surprisingly well. I use a stall mat back stop. I blew through a Black hole target on the first shot.
Of all the targets I've tried, I guess the Rinehart 18-1 gets the nod from me. I just know going in that I will need a new one every year.
P.S. I always get the blems. Paint them tan and add sticker if I need an aim point.

Last edited:
I have a 365 that I have been shooting nearly everyday for a couple months and it has held up decently. Just rotated from the first side of the cube insert.

Edit: field tips only, also arrows pull super easy.

Last edited:

Luked

WKR
I have a Reinhart 18-1 I have had for a while.
will buy another soon as mine is starting to get shot out.

Honestly I build my own. $8 cardboard box from HD or Lowes. Stuff it with clothes tightly. Easiest removal I have found. You can draw your own dots or circles. I am lazy so I use golf tees. I just push them through the cardboard and they hold fine. I have even gone so far as to draw animal silhouettes on them as well. When you shoot one side up spin it around and shoot the other. When everything is all shot up, buy another and transfer the clothes to another box. If you don't have the spare clothes you can buy stuff from goodwill, they often sell clothes buy weight for a flat price. And if you really want to cheap out, just use a box you already have or borrow one from a neighbor. I actually built a target 4ft x 4ft using clothes and cardboard. I just replaced the cardboard face. Now none of the clothing targets work for broadheads. They get tangled in the clothes and when you pull them out it tears a huge hole in the target. I use a reinhart for broadheads as others have mentioned, and only shoot broadheads in it. So between the two I haven't purchased a target since the reinhart in like 8-10 years?

WBrim

WKR
I have been shooting at both a block and 365 for 2 years now, and both are holding up pretty well. The block has considerably more wear, but I tend to shoot it a little more.. but for the money, they are both good options.

If you are just looking for field point use, I have really liked the bulldog doghouse xp so far. Incredibly easy to pull arrows out.

For broad heads— rhinehart or 365 archery.
I 2nd the doghouse bags. Tough as nails, and easy pulls

redchinviking

Lil-Rokslider
Keep in mind to me one of the better reasons to buy the rhinehart 3-D like the elk is you can put a target on one side and leave the other side blank. Set that thing up in all different types of real world shooting scenarios. Off yardages, uphill/downhill, in the wind, long/short, quartered away/to, between trees/brush, and every combination of all those you can think of to really challenge yourself in real world shooting scenarios. Trust me you will learn something more than if you just shoot a square all year. Money well spent. Priceless.

The 365 target hands down. Pricey at first, but the replaceable center isn't much. It doesn't matter what target you use. Broadheads are gonna tear them up pretty quick as soon as you start pulling chunks out

Attachments

• 20230117_090031.jpg
    20230117_090031.jpg
    568.3 KB · Views: 41
I am another vote for the 18:1 but for the money outside your budget the Matrix are awesome and will last - worth the money

CB4

WKR
I’m really enjoying the SEVR. They do a blemished sale every once in awhile and they are $159 shipped. Solid target for the money.
I got the Delta McK Big 8 XL which is the same foam to try and am very pleased. You can get them from scopelist blemished for a great price.

I leave mine outside year round. Stops everything. I've been using the same target for almost 10 years. Broadhead compatible.
I recommend an arrow gripper and arrow lube to pull your arrows out though

Kurto_15

FNG
I shoot a decent amount year round and have had good luck with a Block target. I had it for probably 3 years where as I would go through at least one bag target a year.