Gold Tip Pierce LRT Components

ElfOR

FNG
It took a long time for the new Gold Tip LRT arrows to finally arrive. I was most excited to see the “upgraded” component system. On Lancaster it says “stainless steel” but they appear to be a flimsy aluminum half out with a small stainless steel collar (disappointing as I was hoping it was an all steel system). I still gave them a shot. Pre-shoot spin they looked fine. 100 or so shots into dice target and a few others and they have a visible wobble. One miss and insert is comically bent. No way I’m continuing to use them especially hunting.

I also got the .166 titanium half-out from gold tip and it’s so much better for durability. I do wish they offered a collar system in titantium.

I’ve shot gold tip my entire archery career and I do really like them. Just sharing my experience with the components if others are interested. Yes I know there are several after market components available that are more durable but when you pay $20 an arrow you’d hope to get something usable.

B5EA3B44-FAF2-47CF-9CCD-31BEAA3FC3CF.jpeg8BD330EB-0564-4107-A999-E930CC0C1053.jpeg

Last edited:
I've had great luck with the Nexxus grade 5 Ti components. In 3 years, I've yet to break or bend one.

I use their 400 spine component on my 300 spine BE X Impact or Element Storm shaft. I typically find them for $55 bucks a dozen. Just make sure you set the depth of the components that thread together. If not depending on you're head it might not seat

Similar in a way to Day Six components as they both thread together. Just in different spots. Day Six probably has a better runout but all of my Nexxus have spun perfectly if you square you're arrows.

Back