The original victory rip is really dang good

The RIPs are crazy tough. Very similar to gold tip hunters durability wise (I fall a lot so I know lol) The VAPs however didn’t handle my falls as well. I fractured a tight spot full of VAPs and was not aware until I made a stalk on a bull in his bed and my arrow broke on release. The next arrow I grabbed snapped off in my quiver. That might be the dumbest I’ve ever felt in the woods. And I’ve done some dumb stuff.

I don't actually hate the 60 grain stainless, but I'm still waiting for them to bend and or fail me as the internet is full of anecdote that they aren't that good. As of yet, no issues!
Agreed 100%. They are pretty solid and they are very similar in weight. I am impressed for factory inserts if you are trying to keep cost down. I have a friend who does not like them and uses Easton HITS but his main reason is they don’t pull out of bag targets as easy

OP
E
The RIPs are crazy tough. Very similar to gold tip hunters durability wise (I fall a lot so I know lol) The VAPs however didn’t handle my falls as well. I fractured a tight spot full of VAPs and was not aware until I made a stalk on a bull in his bed and my arrow broke on release. The next arrow I grabbed snapped off in my quiver. That might be the dumbest I’ve ever felt in the woods. And I’ve done some dumb stuff.
Oh man that sucks! I did that with a quiver full of black eagle renegades when I tripped over a log full sprinting to beat a flock of turkeys back to a powering... had to watch them walk by with a 4 pack of busted arrows. I strongly considered throwing my bow at one as they walked by at 10 yards.

OP
E
Agreed 100%. They are pretty solid and they are very similar in weight. I am impressed for factory inserts if you are trying to keep cost down. I have a friend who does not like them and uses Easton HITS but his main reason is they don’t pull out of bag targets as easy
That's a fact. The larger size for the stock ones would suck in bags or target butts but for foam I've had no issue.

OP
E
I was just broadhead tuning with my .006 rips and I couldn't get one to hit outside of the middle at 75 yards.

I might hunt with the .006s this fall. I've never not run at least .003 or .001 for broadheads but they're shooting so good I might just give it a go.

They must be straighter than advertised and apparently I haven't bent a stock insert yet with all the shooting

OP
E
Boys I might just hunt with the standard Rip insert and get some .003s and skip the .001s. I'm having great luck with these arrows and I'm pretty sure I'll use them moving forward. I still have some rip tkos, but I don't really see an advantage in most of my personal use case

big44a4

WKR
Boys I might just hunt with the standard Rip insert and get some .003s and skip the .001s. I'm having great luck with these arrows and I'm pretty sure I'll use them moving forward. I still have some rip tkos, but I don't really see an advantage in most of my personal use case

I’ve seen great results from testing on the V3 I wouldn’t have any issue shooting them. The standard 60gr stainless is decent. Most builds I have people wanting HIT with collars still, but several guys use the 60gr stainless and have done better than I would have expected.

OP
E
I’ve seen great results from testing on the V3 I wouldn’t have any issue shooting them. The standard 60gr stainless is decent. Most builds I have people wanting HIT with collars still, but several guys use the 60gr stainless and have done better than I would have expected.
I always hated on the 60 without testing it but I haven't bent one yet or had any issues at all. I might try a 50 grain titanium from podium just for hunting but I might also just send it with the 60s. If this season goes well with them I'll likely buy a couple dozen and just run them for a few years since the price is so good compared to other options