Goat Knives ghosting me?

I ordered a Capra Hunter Ti from Goat website on August 15, which is 21 days ago. No response to two emails I've sent, and no shipping notification. If I haven't heard anything by Monday I'm reporting a fraudulent transaction to my cc co. Can't think of a valid excuse for taking payment and then ghosting customers for 3 weeks.
Sorry to hear about this - hoping you get a full refund

H@mstar19x3

Lil-Rokslider
How the hell does this dude keep weaseling his way into partnerships? He's got multiple poaching convictions (documented, not hearsay) and yet folks in the outdoor industry think its a good idea to associate with him?

Sadly I no long consider Black Ovis an option to shop from due to their continued association with his brand. Nightforce for some bizaree reason associates with him (who the hell pitched that idea?). Apparently he's associated with Goat knives too (and isn't fulfilling orders?).

Does he have blackmail on the outdoor industry or something?
who is MF?

I mean two very prominent people on this forum that have a podcast, on said podcast, likened that thread to cancel culture.

I'm sorry, but we vote with our dollars. If there's a company that is supporting something I don't like, and another company with a comparable product that is supporting things I agree with, where am I gonna spend money?

They can call it what they want, I feel I'm just being an informed consumer.

The outdoor industry is just turning into a giant circle jerk.

CorbLand

WKR
I'm sorry, but we vote with our dollars. If there's a company that is supporting something I don't like, and another company with a comparable product that is supporting things I agree with, where am I gonna spend money?

I dont disagree. I just shook my head when they likened that thread to cancel culture.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

Someone making an honest and understandable mistake shouldn't get canceled / pitch fork treatment.

That is different than someone that has a pattern of behavior resulting in multiple convictions (IE instances he was caught and had enough evidence to be charged and convicted) and also has a history of less than flattering self published behavior on video while hunting.

I learned many moons ago.
If a company will not post a phone number or address i will not do business with them.

No matter how good the sale, no matter how much I'd like to have the product, no matter if they are the only game in town.

No address, no business.

I believe this is the first indicator of some that is not on the up and up.

I will admit that it may just be someone that doesn't want the ball and chain of being bothered all the time.

But if that's the case stick to a W2 job.

rw79

FNG
I ordered a Capra Hunter Ti from Goat website on August 15, which is 21 days ago. No response to two emails I've sent, and no shipping notification. If I haven't heard anything by Monday I'm reporting a fraudulent transaction to my cc co. Can't think of a valid excuse for taking payment and then ghosting customers for 3 weeks.
I had this same thing happen to me last year. I emailed them multiple times but received no response at all. My credit card was charged for the purchase but I never received a confirmation email or product. I had to dispute the charge with my cc company to get the charge reimbursed. I ended up purchasing a knife from another company.

H@mstar19x3

Lil-Rokslider
Erik Van Woerkom is a insta-hunter who has a brand Muley Freak, he has multiple trespassing based poaching convictions (documented convictions, not hearsay accusations) along with some less than impressive antics on camera.
aw. ok. i've seen the brand Muley Freak but didn't really know anything about it. i'll definitely not be supporting now. throw him on the pile with Bowmar and Christ Brackett.

Last edited:
aw. ok. i've seen the brand Muley Freak but didn't really know anything about it. i'll definitely not be supporting now. throw him on the pile with Bomar and Christ Brackett.

Fyi, Bomar is a great archery/machine shop.

Bowmar on the other hand, that's a different dude and the mere utter of the name gets things locked.

intunegp

WKR
Just throwing in another tag/hoping for a response from @truearrow7, who is apparently Travis Nowotny. You replied earlier and told anyone with an issue to contact you directly but didn't provide any contact information...

Is your story that your business partner is Muley Freak and he is dropping the ball?

maxx075

Lil-Rokslider
I still love the hypocrisy of all this. You have companies that deal with MF on here and you guys are fine with buying from them lol.

And yea, it basically is cancel culture - it's all the same. At least recognize that you're engaging in the same tactics.

If you want to be high and mighty, you may as well make everything you want/need by yourself. You'll never find a company that hasn't made some type of shady dealing or doesn't have some type of dirt on their hands.

intunegp

WKR
I still love the hypocrisy of all this. You have companies that deal with MF on here and you guys are fine with buying from them lol.

And yea, it basically is cancel culture - it's all the same. At least recognize that you're engaging in the same tactics.

If you want to be high and mighty, you may as well make everything you want/need by yourself. You'll never find a company that hasn't made some type of shady dealing or doesn't have some type of dirt on their hands.

Cancel culture can be good and bad. The tactics are absolutely fine, it's how they are applied.

If people disliked MF because someone dug up an old Polaroid of him in black face at a Halloween party in the 80s it would be a totally different story.

A hunting influencer with multiple trespassing poaching convictions is about the same to me as a pedophile running the daycare...I wouldn't support either one. Everyone has dirt on their hands, but all dirt isn't the same.