Getting out of California

You can be in a Liberal cess pool of state, but live in a phenomenal area. It's when the passing of laws affect you personally, then it's time to go.
I'm a perfect example. Oregon is a cesspool in a narrow area, Portland to Eugene.
I personally have not been infringed upon as of yet. Not one thing. Within 20 miles of my house there isn't much I can't kill or catch.
It will happen though. They'll tell me I can't buy ammo through the mail(Calif), can't buy gas lawn mowers(Calif), etc etc.
There is no perfect place, there are places close to perfect. In my opinion(as an outdoorsman) I live in perfect. Absolutely close to perfect. 120" a rain a year keeps the riff raff out.
Oregon Dems are getting real close to screwing up my perfect though

I’m in the same situation in WA. It’s a mess here!
That measure 114 is jacked up for you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love all the complaining about Californians coming to your states. I have been complaining about other people coming to California for decades. The people I associate with here are ranchers, farmers, cowboys, outdoorsmen, and just all around good american people. I have found the problem people here are predominantly the people who aren’t from here, or at least don’t have a long family history here. I am more western then many of the people I have met in Montana. And I will be coming there soon. Not so much because I hate california, but because I love Montana and the mountains and everything it offers. It just suits my way of life better. Sorry

I have worked with many native old school right wing Californians in my job in Alaska. This comment above is 100 percent correct. There are many Good people from there and I know these threads get out of hand and off topic. I get caught up in it to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of us non-Californians would prefer that Californians stay in California…. 🤣
Its unfortunate that this, while it may have been a joke, is not an uncommon way many residents across western states think. Not saying everyone, but surely some of these people lack the intellectual intelligence to avoid group think and have no ability to form independent opinions based on personal experience and first hand interactions. It's a mindset like the quote above that resembles archaic and backward thinking that plagued the western societies during the 20th century.

And if that was a serious comment, then I would be curious to know what you're contribution to society has been/has the potential to be and why you feel that your state residency is something to be proud of as if the people, the land, or the institutions in that state have some allegiance to you? Because I don't think that your own state puts a monetary value on the average person's continued residency that is higher than the average person coming from California and I don't think your ability to create positive change in a community is greater than someone from CA, WA or any other state with a higher average income per capita.

TVW

Lil-Rokslider
Its unfortunate that this, while it may have been a joke, is not an uncommon way many residents across western states think. Not saying everyone, but surely some of these people lack the intellectual intelligence to avoid group think and have no ability to form independent opinions based on personal experience and first hand interactions. It's a mindset like the quote above that resembles archaic and backward thinking that plagued the western societies during the 20th century.

And if that was a serious comment, then I would be curious to know what you're contribution to society has been/has the potential to be and why you feel that your state residency is something to be proud of as if the people, the land, or the institutions in that state have some allegiance to you? Because I don't think that your own state puts a monetary value on the average person's continued residency that is higher than the average person coming from California and I don't think your ability to create positive change in a community is greater than someone from CA, WA or any other state with a higher average income per capita.

You're probably right....but what you listed is also the exact problem we have with the invasion....

Our state doesn't give a shit about anything except for more money.

We welcome the refugees from the Coastal states with open arms and plow under open ground as fast as possible to build more cookie cutter neighborhoods so they can feel right at home here and not have to suffer any loss of creature comforts.

It'd be disgusting to see aerial photographs of the Treasure Valley or Post Falls/Rathdrum Prairie from say the year 2000 and current. So much open space has been lost in the name of welcoming the Coastal refugees.

They come here for the small town charm of Idaho and to escape the city not realizing that by coming here they are taking that away.

Geewhiz

WKR
very sad situation when people destroy the place they reside and then move on to destroy another area....and are replaced by 'new' folks-illegal aliens from around the world.

I better :censored: for now...
People don't realize that the way they vote determines what the place becomes. Then it becomes somewhere they don't want to be, so they move somewhere that hasn't been corrupted yet,.....and vote the same way!

SMH

Met a lot of them. "No I'm not like that" they say. Yep, they are.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
I would have to say, the Californication of WA is complete. I don't see us ever going back. Our government is continuously trying to mimic CA in every way. It's shameful as we really love it here from a state perspective.

I will also say, some of the nicest people you can ever meet are in far Northern CA.

Good luck to the OP in your search.

Hnthrdr

WKR

Our issue is when you sold that 1500 sq ft bungalow for 2 million and came and snapped up 2-4 houses, our issue is when folks have had lower crime, lower taxes, and more common sense and those from other states come and screech about how it “needs” to be. How there needs to be more social services and safety nets and more gov. How many from the coasts loathe the very industries that founded the west and look down on the rancher, and farmer, and consumptive users

Billinsd

WKR
People don't realize that the way they vote determines what the place becomes. Then it becomes somewhere they don't want to be, so they move somewhere that hasn't been corrupted yet,.....and vote the same
Most people are stooopid. What most democrat, suburban Californian’s believe is that the overcrowding, crowded streets, and overpriced homes are because of greedy developers and corrupt city officials. When I was very young, and saw my rural playground get developed and I complained and actually tore survey stakes out of the ground thinking I could stop it. I told my dad, who was a developer and built our house and 5 more down the road. He said “people have to live somewhere, I built this house where there was none before and now you are living in it”. He called what I was feeling the “gangplank” feeling. I’m here now, but no one else can come, pull up the gangplank. Californian’s mostly democrats now are big Hippocrates. Californian is super majority democrat and open borders and entitlements for everyone. Now many of the millions flooding California are ones who at best are indifferent to America and at worst hate it or believe this is Mexico. Prices of everything are skyrocketing and liberals blame the developers for building houses and at the same time complain of a housing shortage. Now buildings are going vertical like other third world countries and crowded cities are getting more crowded. Most people, most Republicans too are selfish and only think about themselves.

Billinsd

WKR
I would have to say, the Californication of WA is complete. I don't see us ever going back. Our government is continuously trying to mimic CA in every way. It's shameful as we really love it here from a state perspective.

Im
our issue is when folks have had lower crime, lower taxes, and more common sense and those from other states come and screech about how it “needs” to be. How there needs to be more social services and safety nets and more gov.
Most Californian’s are moving out, because the housing costs and cost of living is so high. They want to have a nice, new house with nice, new commercial centers that they can afford. They are not moving out of California, because of the liberal policies and they don’t and never ever will see the connection.

I am not deny your view as I am not entirely sure if your view is based on fact or what is perceived.

My point was, and if it was unclear I apologize, when you accept stereotypes and cast generalizations across an entire subgroup, without the any specificity or distinction, just based on the state one lives in, being defined by invisible borders, you’re only affecting yourself and the people around you who look up to you as they will too become just as ignorant and simple minded rather than having a fact based opinion.

Reactions: TVW

Billinsd

WKR
I will also say, some of the nicest people you can ever meet are in far Northern CA.
I’ll disagree. The nicest people I’ve ever met live in rural areas in the Midwest. There are some nice people in Northern California, I just haven’t met many.

How many from the coasts loathe the very industries that founded the west and look down on the rancher, and farmer, and consumptive users

That’s a great question? How about instead of assuming everyone from the coast why don’t you find out yourself and not generalize an entire population of people. I just don’t get how you and a few others on here can’t see why generalizations are such a poisonous way of thinking.

Hnthrdr

WKR
That’s a great question? How about instead of assuming everyone from the coast why don’t you find out yourself and not generalize an entire population of people. I just don’t get how you and a few others on here can’t see why generalizations are such a poisonous way of thinking.
Haha you’re right, stereo types and generalizations are wrong… so the massive movement of people, whom a lot of which have come from California have zero responsibility to what has happened to many of these states?

Yes I understand there are always exceptions to the rule, but often if it looks like a skunk and smells like a skunk… guess what? It’s a skunk ;)

Geewhiz

WKR
It's pretty safe to generalize that population IME.

Billinsd

WKR
I just don’t get how you and a few others on here can’t see why generalizations are such a poisonous way of thinking.
How is generalization poisonous? Do you mean it causes hate? Causes tribalism? Too much of anything can be a bad thing.

ewade07

WKR
Dude we get it, youre a nice CA resident (hopefully). What we're all saying is that most of the others suck.

How is generalization poisonous? Do you mean it causes hate? Causes tribalism? Too much of anything can be a bad thing.

Here maybe this example will help you understand…

Headline reads: “Wounded elk found fighting for its life after hunters arrow fails to humanely kill the large animal. Should bow hunting become banned given ethical concerns?”

Reader of headline: extrapolates that all bow hunters are taking irresponsible shots and wounding elk and that hunting with a bow is inhumane.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Here maybe this example will help you understand…

Headline reads: “Wounded elk found fighting for its life after hunters arrow fails to humanely kill the large animal. Should bow hunting become banned given ethical concerns?”

Reader of headline: extrapolates that all bow hunters are taking irresponsible shots and wounding elk and that hunting with a bow is inhumane.
Let me guess that was a headline written by someone in California?