Getting out of California

Haha you’re right, stereo types and generalizations are wrong… so the massive movement of people, whom a lot of which have come from California have zero responsibility to what has happened to many of these states?

Yes I understand there are always exceptions to the rule, but often if it looks like a skunk and smells like a skunk… guess what? It’s a skunk ;)

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and set of beliefs

If you went up to pet a bunch of dogs and got bit nine time in a row, would you run up to the tenth with open arms? Stereotypes exist for a reason, but of course there are alway exceptions. The tenth dog could be a sweetheart but most folks would be cautious

KurtR

WKR
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and set of beliefs
Problem is opinions a based on experiences. My experiences with californians that moved to Idaho while i was hunting with my brother who lives there are all bad. From the guy coming and yelling at us he did not want to see us cutting an elk up inside of his garage to the lady screaming that i had a gun walking from the pick up into his house.

I lived in great falls. It’s a good working class town. Close to the little belts and close to the Missouri River… and they have the sip and dip!

It’s flatter than I expected. If you’re looking for more mountains Dillion would be a nice place to raise a family.

If you can swing it we lived in Hailey Idaho nice little town lots of hunting and fishing right out your back door.

But have since moved to the last great place…

Alaska

Good luck with your move

Problem is opinions a based on experiences. My experiences with californians that moved to Idaho while i was hunting with my brother who lives there are all bad. From the guy coming and yelling at us he did not want to see us cutting an elk up inside of his garage to the lady screaming that i had a gun walking from the pick up into his house.

Okay and based on those experiences you are forming a belief on all ca residents…

The experiences with what sounds to be an elderly woman and middle aged man. Do you not think making an opinion preemptively on the remaining CA demographic is a somewhat ignorant.

Scoot

WKR
Not saying everyone, but surely some of these people lack the intellectual intelligence to avoid group think and have no ability to form independent opinions based on personal experience and first hand interactions. It's a mindset like the quote above that resembles archaic and backward thinking that plagued the western societies during the 20th century.

And if that was a serious comment, then I would be curious to know what you're contribution to society has been/has the potential to be and why you feel that your state residency is something to be proud of as if the people, the land, or the institutions in that state have some allegiance to you? Because I don't think that your own state puts a monetary value on the average person's continued residency that is higher than the average person coming from California and I don't think your ability to create positive change in a community is greater than someone from CA, WA or any other state with a higher average income per capita.
Haha- you sound like a typical liberal Californian! Also, can you please educate us more on "intellectual intelligence"? Is that smarter than standard intelligence? It must be because you are clearly convinced you have a hell of a lot of it and most here lack it. Your tone smacks of the kind of person who comes from Cali and informs the locals of just how dimwitted they are and how you know better (and that's why you vote the way you do). Maybe you're not that way at all, but many of your posts in this thread sure read like it.

Haha- you sound like a typical liberal Californian! Also, can you please educate us more on "intellectual intelligence"? Is that smarter than standard intelligence? It must be because you are clearly convinced you have a hell of a lot of it and most here lack it. Your tone smacks of the kind of person who comes from Cali and informs the locals of just how dimwitted they are and how you know better (and that's why you vote the way you do). Maybe you're not that way at all, but many of your posts in this thread sure read like it.

If you’re taking offense to what I said then I am sorry for offending you. Intellectual intelligence is just a distinction between emotional intelligence. If you can’t form your own opinions then I don’t think I am alone in saying that you have little intelligence and your opinion lacks merit.

I have no interest in changing your mind at this point. Seems people that were former residents of California have really done some psychological damage to residents of their current state. Unfortunate for both parties.

KurtR

WKR
Okay and based on those experiences you are forming a belief on all ca residents…

The experiences with what sounds to be an elderly woman and middle aged man. Do you not think making an opinion preemptively on the remaining CA demographic is a somewhat ignorant.
I will also ad that i raced modifieds with a guy from northern ca and he expressed his hatred for the majority of the state and how they would just as much ruin his living farming if they could. Like he said its not the good people moving and trying to ruin other states. The over whelming majority are people who move and then want to change where they are to what they came from. We had a couple move here to Sodak little town sight un seen got a cheap house. They were appalled at the lifestyle here and complained to no end. Winter took care of them the -0 for a couple weeks and they packed up and left. It wasnt an old lady i would guess late 20's to mid 30's.

Scoot

WKR
If you’re taking offense to what I said then I am sorry for offending you. Intellectual intelligence is just a distinction between emotional intelligence. If you can’t form your own opinions then I don’t think I am alone in saying that you have little intelligence and your opinion lacks merit.
I'm not taking offense to anything you said at all. "Intellectual intelligence" wasn't mean to be differentiated from emotional intelligence, it was you being redundant in an effort to try really hard to sound smart. Dude- you're on a hunting website and you claim you're trying to differentiate emotional from intellectual intelligence? You don't get it. ...and... that makes you a lot like most of many of the Californians who many folks on this site have met.

Also, you said I have "little intelligence". This is unclear to me- what kind are you referring to??? :)

You write like a guy who has taken some college classes and has decided he's smarter than most other people. Again... you sound like a Californian.

As for my opinions... I have plenty of them and one of them is coming through pretty clearly in this post and my last too. I formed that opinion all by myself too!

One last comment- I know some absolutely awesome people with good heads on their shoulders who live in CA. I wish there were more of them, but they do most definitely exist!

Reactions: TVW

Billinsd

WKR
Here maybe this example will help you understand…

Headline reads: “Wounded elk found fighting for its life after hunters arrow fails to humanely kill the large animal. Should bow hunting become banned given ethical concerns?”

Reader of headline: extrapolates that all bow hunters are taking irresponsible shots and wounding elk and that hunting with a bow is inhumane.
A better example would be, headline: “Game and Fish department statistics show that 75% of poaching incidents on border unit are committed by neighboring state residents Reader: extrapolates that most of the hunters in a small, hick town on the other side of the state border are poachers.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
Hard to get along with, hard to work with, the "I can do anything I want" attitude, the "I'm smarter than everybody else" attitude, etc, etc. I could go on for pages.

Billinsd

WKR
If you went up to pet a bunch of dogs and got bit nine time in a row, would you run up to the tenth with open arms? Stereotypes exist for a reason, but of course there are alway exceptions. The tenth dog could be a sweetheart but most folks would be cautious
It’s ALWAYS better to be smart about things. My new favorite phrase is “it depends”. You could pet 9 dogs from 9 junkyards and assume junkyard dogs are mean. Some would extrapolate that ALL dogs are mean. Being able to think rationally and critically is ONLY taught in engineering universities and the school of hard knocks.