Gear Priority List

OP
E
What is your physical fitness? That will have a lot on how you enjoy a western hunt.

Could definitely be better lmao, best shape of my life 2 years ago but had some health issues so I wasn’t able to push myself hard, have a hiatal hernia and I’d just start coughing/gagging/regurgitating etc. Have surgery for it the 29th of this month and then I’m starting a routine to get in shape. I’ve been hiking and I started running recently to focus on what I can do rather than what I can’t. I’m going to get into the best shape I can in the 3 months leading up to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDVortex

WKR
Could definitely be better lmao, best shape of my life 2 years ago but had some health issues so I wasn’t able to push myself hard, have a hiatal hernia and I’d just start coughing/gagging/regurgitating etc. Have surgery for it the 29th of this month and then I’m starting a routine to get in shape. I’ve been hiking and I started running recently to focus on what I can do rather than what I can’t. I’m going to get into the best shape I can in the 3 months leading up to it.

Take more then 3 months imo.

OP
E
Take more then 3 months imo.

I’ll work with what I got… Been hiking in Colorado at about 13,000 ft as much as I can last couple months I’m barely overweight (could comfortably lose 10-15 lbs) and I’m 29, I’ll figure it out and I’ll do the best I can.

Hasn't really been mentioned but I would prioritize having a good first aid kit, water filtration, and basic survival items. It's really easy for someone to get hurt or a bad storm to roll in and be put in a dangerous position on the mountain.

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
Yeah, good boots first.
If I could go back and give myself a stern talking to it would be to say: Get yourself a good set of rangefinding binos, then save up and buy a really nice, solid, reliable scope first before you buy the rifle or anything else. Everything else will fall into place but your feet and your eyes are what really make or break the hunt.

I’d spend $1500 on a scope for $500 rifle