Garmin inReach Message Delay times?

dukxdog

Lil-Rokslider
I just got a 67i

I sent a few messages to test it out before a trip.

I got no replies for a couple days. Then I got some responses.

In the meantime I received "Message Failed" notifications for each of the messages. I didn't thing I was using it properly.

Question is:

How long after you send text and IR messages to a unit or phone does the message arrive at destination?

It seems as there can be quite delay and not instantly.

Any info is appreciated so I'm more informed.

Thanks

mtnbound

Lil-Rokslider
I have seen delays of less than 30 seconds to hours. If you are getting an error, then there is an issue. Did you do a test with Garmin?

Jethro

WKR
When you are logged into your explore garmin account, does it have green dot and say all systems operational at top right corner of screen?

Run the test as described above. Send test messages to yourself, cell# and email address. That way you don't have to rely on somebody else letting you know they got the message.

I just reactivated yesterday and received messages from Garmin within 1 minute of the reactivation. Ran some tests to myself and with friends and messages were going through quickly, minute or less. We sometimes get messages that take 15-20 minutes to go through, but that is not the norm.

Smkj21

FNG
30 seconds to 5 minutes is the longest mine takes and I use it a lot and never have long wait times.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I was once on a trip and garmin had a multiday outage interfacing with AT&T but it didn't tell you that while you were in the field, so my messages when out to garmin successfully but then garmin couldn't successfully get them to AT&T. Caused some needless worries.