Game Bags

HoytHntr4

WKR
Have gotten many uses out my caribou bags. I tried the light weight red Black Ovis ones last year on my elk and wasn’t impressed. On one bag the cord tensioner broke. On another bag the cord snapped. The label on those bags also comes off easily. Once you wash them it’s all over the bag and gets on your meat if you go to use them again. I have bought some Argali bags to try and they seem like they’ll be great

New set of cheapies every year. I have one sturdy Kuiu XL game bag to put them in that keeps the bagged up quarters and loose meat from sliding between the straps on the meat shelf.

Do you guys do the thing where like a bear gets a bag and then maybe you rip another one and then maybe you forget about one somewhere and it gets too funky and you toss it and you slowly replace them so then you have a random assortment of game bags?

Purdue

FNG
Have used Alaska Game Bags for the past few years with much success.

taskswap

WKR
Caribou here. I use the Wapiti set. I like the reflective tag - it's a small detail but does make them easier to find via headlamp on a late-night pack-out.

rideold

WKR
I bought a set of the VIAM ones. They work great. That said, I haven't tried any of the other ones. I bought them based on a couple of reviews. They are pretty solid bags for the weight I do have to say.

Do you guys do the thing where like a bear gets a bag and then maybe you rip another one and then maybe you forget about one somewhere and it gets too funky and you toss it and you slowly replace them so then you have a random assortment of game bags?
Guilty. I started with a set of TAG's boned out bags and retired one after I punched a large hole in it with the sharp end of a sawed-off leg bone, misplaced another one, waited too long to clean another one...now I carry a mix of TAG, Black Ovis, and Caribou bags in my kill kit.

HoytHntr4

WKR
CAA281DA-39EA-44BF-AA3F-EACDCDDD09E2.jpeg
This is what my meat looked like when I used my red Black Ovis bags on the next animal after I had washed them. The label flakes off very easily at least on the ones I had