Gaitors!

shmcleod

Lil-Rokslider
What would people recommend for gaiters? I'm SHORT! I bought Kuiu, but Kuiu doesn't make small persons gear. Cans up to my knees... What about snow camo pattern? Any good brands that do that?

Looking for quiet and durable...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

JohnOD

FNG
Cant help as I have the opposite problem. My Kenetrek gaiters don't come far enough up my calves to want to stay up.

matthewmt

WKR
Kenetrek made a snow camo as well as a few other brushed fabrics that are really quiet.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OP
shmcleod

shmcleod

Lil-Rokslider
I like those for fall, but i hunt in del snow too and need something taller

lwtickner

Lil-Rokslider
I wouldn't try the first lite. I'm long legs and they fit me. The kuiu I feel were shorter

OP
shmcleod

shmcleod

Lil-Rokslider
I'm gonna give the Kenetrek snow camo a try

LRJammer

FNG
Stone Glacier has their new SQ2 Gaiters that look pretty nice that I am looking at. Not sure how their sizing would work for you.

I’m short and I have a pair of OR expedition crocodile gaiters that I love to wear. They come up almost to my knees but they are comfortable and they work great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roborob

FNG
I'm about average height and I really like first lite's brambler gaiters. I never notice I'm wearing them and they've always stayed in place for me.

63-88

FNG
I'm 5'8" and the Kenetreks seem to fit perfect. Looks like they are on sale now too.

chadcharb

WKR
I'm 5'8" and the Kenetreks seem to fit perfect. Looks like they are on sale now too.

Just an FYI the solid colors are loud in brush. I just ordered a camo set because they're supposed to be "silent"

OrangeMan73

Lil-Rokslider
Really liking my First Lite Bramblers. Used the Sitka Stormfronts for years and the Bramblers are superior in every way.

sr80

WKR
buddy of mine is short and he wears OR crocs, but he ordered the womens version. No offence! But they work for him.

OR gaiters have worked very well for me. They are about worn out. Wife had to restitch the Velcro last fall....many yrs of use. I’d buy them again. Don’t remember the model name.

CSims

FNG
I found that the brand KINGS worked well for me they are great quality and fit me great . They are the XKG model ..although I didnt use them as much as I planned they still serve a purpose for me and it can't hurt owning a set! Im 6ft with pretty big calves and went with the L/XL fit me perfect

Heres some info in regards to sizing and weight .. Hope this helps
  • Weight: 10.5oz
  • M/L - 17in, L/XL - 18in top of the gaiter
  • M/L - 18in, L/XL - 19in base of gaiter
  • M/L - 15.5in, L/XL - 16.5in from top to bottom

Last edited:

D.Blake

Lil-Rokslider
Hard to be OR Crocs. They get longer based on your shoe size.

Height at back of gaiter:
15.75in (S) 4-7
16.75in (M) 7-9
17.75in (L) 9-11
18.75in (XL) 11-13
19.75in (XXL 13-15

If you need to, just get the women's ones. We wont tell anybody.