Kuiu verde or valo for Colorado elk and muley?

WYCFM1

WKR
The only reason I wear camo pants is because I bought three pairs of Cabelas pants 15-20 years ago, and like the plastic floating around the ocean, those things will be here long after I’m dead and gone.

That’s just great man. So what camo pattern from Kuiu do you think he should wear for hunting Colorado? Valo or Verde?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WYCFM1

WKR
I love the way some of kuiu pants fit and feel…I like to spend my money on solid colored pants for the everyday wear also…I like supporting company’s that are our best shot at supporting hunting and outdoors. I think if I was hunting Colorado I would go for Valo. Its seems like it would work for mountainous and desert really well…but yes dont overthink it too much either just get boots on the ground and keep hammering ;)

Valo would probably be more versatile. I don't care for the pattern though.

Buy solid color pants.

That’s just great man. So what camo pattern from Kuiu do you think he should wear for hunting Colorado? Valo or Verde?

The one that is hardest to see from a human point of view. I’d go open as well and has the best colors to match the environment I hunt Whitetails in.

wnelson14

WKR
That wasn’t an option…OP asked verde or valo? Which one is it? Which one should he get for hunting Colorado?

Ash, bourbon, storm, gunmetal, or olive.
Of the two Kuiu Camos, I would pick Valo for a hat.

Wolfshead

Lil-Rokslider
Personally I would choose a solid pant in khaki or ash, but if I were choosing camo it would be Valo.
The tans in the pattern take on the green hues of surrounding vegetation and help in blending if you’re presented with some green while hunting.
This guy has a series of “camo” videos that compare different one to others. He is pretty good, if not interesting.

jphares44

FNG
Personally, I like the looks of the verde better. I wouldn't get too wrapped up in it, just get whichever you like better. As long as you remain still and you're wearing something that breaks up your pattern, you likely can't go wrong.

As has been said, dress for comfort and to stay dry and warm. Deer and elk don't care what you are wearing. Most of my hunting gear is camo because that's how it comes, and I think camo is cool. Besides, I need it for duck hunting.

Buy whatever camo pattern you like.

OP
A

AgentP

Lil-Rokslider
Ash, bourbon, storm, gunmetal, or olive.
Of the two Kuiu Camos, I would pick Valo for a hat.
Appreciate the help from all that told me what camo would work best. Definitely think I’ll go with some solid color pants for versatility.

OP
A

AgentP

Lil-Rokslider
Weird opening statement. Yes, he has things to learn. His post strikes me as him trying to do just that. Maybe I’m misreading it but that came across as heavily condescending.
Definitely have a lot to learn. I grew up hunting duck and whitetail in Louisiana so definitely know the importance of staying still. I would wear jeans and an old camo shirt so camo never really mattered. Being new to western hunting, I wasn’t so sure it would be the same. Wanted to make sure I’m covering all my bases before I get out in the field and am screwed for my first diy elk hunt.

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Definitely have a lot to learn. I grew up hunting duck and whitetail in Louisiana so definitely know the importance of staying still. I would wear jeans and an old camo shirt so camo never really mattered. Being new to western hunting, I wasn’t so sure it would be the same. Wanted to make sure I’m covering all my bases before I get out in the field and am screwed for my first diy elk hunt.
Despite the grittiness of the comments, the intent is good, wear what you have/is most comfortable to hike in/temp appropriate.

If I could get all the $ back on what spent my first year out here.... Stuff all worked (except Leupold scopes, screw them), then I spent too much time on Rokslide and figured out what works better.

PassCreek

FNG
I went Verde. I turkey hunt too and it seems to work for Spring Turkey season. I'm not sure Valo or Verde matters for Elk/Deer in Colorado. I'd go Valo in those dry areas of Colorado and go Verde if there's more green foliage during the season.

OP
A

AgentP

Lil-Rokslider
Despite the grittiness of the comments, the intent is good, wear what you have/is most comfortable to hike in/temp appropriate.

If I could get all the $ back on what spent my first year out here.... Stuff all worked (except Leupold scopes, screw them), then I spent too much time on Rokslide and figured out what works better.
Yeah I’m trying my best to use what I have but what I have is limited. Definitely will get a pair of attack pants just cause I need a shell pant that aren’t jeans.

Wolfshead

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah I’m trying my best to use what I have but what I have is limited. Definitely will get a pair of attack pants just cause I need a shell pant that aren’t jeans.
I have four pair of the Attack pants from Kuiu. All solid colors.
I love the attack pants as they are so very comfortable, have plenty of pockets, and the hip vents help on those warmer days when you need to dump some heat.
I typically wear a size 34 waist in wrangler or Levi jeans, but wear a size 36 in the attack pant, and short leg length, as I’m 5’7”. Short, fat, bald guy….
Just so you know when ordering.

OP
A

AgentP

Lil-Rokslider
I have four pair of the Attack pants from Kuiu. All solid colors.
I love the attack pants as they are so very comfortable, have plenty of pockets, and the hip vents help on those warmer days when you need to dump some heat.
I typically wear a size 34 waist in wrangler or Levi jeans, but wear a size 36 in the attack pant, and short leg length, as I’m 5’7”. Short, fat, bald guy….
Just so you know when ordering.
Appreciate the insight, I was debating on going with my normal size 30 (I’m pushing 32) so I’ll go with the 32 in the kuiu pants especially since I might be wearing long johns