Forget your rangefinder?

Rich M

WKR
Disnt click cause im old and dont need to see or hear this stuff. How we were raised and trained. How far? Shoot or not? Flat shooting rifles, etc.

Part of why we were doing MPBR stuff. Hold on back and miss low = too far. Get closer next time.

OP
MuleyFever
If you have a bigger gun and make a bad shot the animal will still die by all the energy, if you miss completely, the shock of the round going by the animal will also kill it. Bigger guns always win.
Everyone In This Room Is Now Dumber For Having Listened To It GIF -  Everyone In This Room Is Now Dumber For Having Listened To It Is Sleeping  Around - Discover &

We really have to invent or adopt by consensus a sarcasm emoji. For a second I was under the impression that he really thought that a .557 super ultra nitro mag +++ actually possessed the same trajectory as a laser beam.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you have a bigger gun and make a bad shot the animal will still die by all the energy, if you miss completely, the shock of the round going by the animal will also kill it. Bigger guns always win.
Please stop trolling

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
We really have to invent or adopt by consensus a sarcasm emoji. For a second I was under the impression that he really thought that a .557 super ultra nitro mag +++ actually possessed the same trajectory as a laser beam.
Cant be an emoji. Some of us have taken a vow to never ever under any circumstance use any of the communication mediums known as emojis.

Not necessarily, it also needs to be flat shooting. I hear Mr Avery is working on a 70UM that will literally knock your crocs off, but a lesser cartridge like a 700NE, you still have to hit the animal somewhere on the body, so it’s not universal

Also ….back when nobody had rangefinders except the military… we used the reticle in our SFP scopes. The length of your quarry’s legs or depth of chest are known quantities within a few inches. Figure out how these match up to your hashes slashes points or dots ant various yardages and you have a rough range finder in your scope. Doesn’t work with FFP scopes because the reticle stays the same size regardless of zoom setting.

Up the caliber of gun and you won't have to worry about a range finder.
I guess what he is saying, if you have a .338 Lapua but no access to a rangefinder, up your rifle to a .45-70. That will take the trajectory arc out of the equation, and just aim "dead on". Makes sense to me......NOT!!!!!

Marble

WKR
I'll just carry extra ammo and keep shooting until I hit something. Works 60% of the time, all the time.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk