First Western Rifle

MtnW

WKR
His wording implied that he was talking about September that’s why I asked for clarification. First season in Colorado can see some pretty heavy rut activity especially when it was earlier than now. I’ve heard bugles into 3rd season but they don’t respond to calling well or come into calls much that late. It mostly seems like talking amongst themselves than hard locating rut talk.
Yes, the Colorado Wildlife For Ranching program has some tremendous September rifle rut hunts. October can still be active in Colorado with the rut. Last October in New Mexico I killed a bull with my rifle while he was bugling at 70 yds .

Well I'm sure this isn't the first "help a noob pick his caliber" thread, but here goes.

I've started looking at setting up a "do it all" western rifle. Elk, Muleys, antelope etc.
I can't picture myself ever shooting further than 500 yards.
I'd like to stay under $2000 on the base rifle.

Edit after some feedback:
6.5 PRC, 7 REM MAG, & 300 WSM are the main 3 I'm looking at so far.
Honestly lived in western colorado my whole life been hunting my whole life and for an all around rifle you really dont need to go over 1000 the budget guns these days shoot so dang well anyway thing in that 6.5 creed 270 win 30-06 308 7-08 is frankly all that you need any more than thats just unnecessary even on the big bulls with todays modern bullets like the monolithics and bonded options and really a 3-9 to 4-12 scope in that 500$ and under range is just about perfect for the close in shots and those 500 yarders and if you put this combo on a savage 110 remington 700 howa 1500 tikka t3x browning xbolt ruger m77 you really cannot go wrong.