First Suppressor: Banish Backcountry or Banish 30

I ordered my first suppressor from Silencer Central yesterday, the 5.5” Banish Backcountry.

After a lot of research last night, I’m wondering if I should have gotten the longer Banish 30 instead.

Suppressor will go on HMR 6.5 PRC and Tikka 6.5 Creedmoor.

Is the 5.5” Backcountry going to lack the performance of the Banish 30?

Ikmclean

Lil-Rokslider
If your the type to count oz. The Backcountry is probably the one to have. I like the versatility of of the banish 30 mostly because I only plan on owning one. I just got the shipping notification on mine.

I ordered my first suppressor from Silencer Central yesterday, the 5.5” Banish Backcountry.

After a lot of research last night, I’m wondering if I should have gotten the longer Banish 30 instead.

Suppressor will go on HMR 6.5 PRC and Tikka 6.5 Creedmoor.

Is the 5.5” Backcountry going to lack the performance of the Banish 30?
Yes
The Banish 30 is pretty decent on small magnums in its 9" configuration but totally sucks at 7".
You really want volume to get any beneficial suppression

OP
General RE LEE
Yes
The Banish 30 is pretty decent on small magnums in its 9" configuration but totally sucks at 7".

Thank you. I had a good conversation with my rep (Devin) yesterday and this morning. I am a stand hunter in Tennessee so weight is not a much a factor as length. We discussed the tradeoffs going with the 5.5" Backcountry vs the 9" B30. Ultimately, maneuverability in a box blind with a suppressed rifle is more important than ultimate sound suppression. I am willing to sacrifice some db reduction to a more compact package. I am looking forward to reviews about the Backcountry as they become available.

axeforce6

WKR
I’m a silencerco fan. I have several. I have ram my 36m in the shorter configuration my 22 creed to coyote hunt with. It’s noticeably louder than the longer version of it and the omega 300. I went the other way, I shortened the barrels of my rifle to accommodate a longer suppressor. More sound suppression is a better benefit than the 50-75 fps I loose in velocity.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
What would you recommend over the Banish?
Similar discussion (other options for hunting) here - this thread is probably has the most related posts to your question.

OP: I backpack a lot, so chose a backcountry model. BUT part of me wishes I had ordered that Nomad Ti. Not really a "wrong" answer here, just depends on what you value. Sounds like you made the right choice.

B23

WKR
Yes
I also have a Banish 30 and the above pretty well sums it up. In full 9in config. they're decent enough but in 7in config. they aren't very good. The Banish30 in full 9in form is only slightly better than the TBAC Ultra7. If someone wants a 1.5 diameter can get a Ultra7 or Ultra9.

B23

WKR
Nomad LT, it's on a whole nother level
To do all over again, I would never have gotten the Banish30 and instead went with the Nomad LT and that's not to say the Banish 30 is a POS because they aren't but after having one for a few months now I can say they're a decent enough can with a really good sales pitch. For a suppressor in their length, weight, and amount of suppression for their size, the DA Nomad LT is pretty hard to beat.

OP
General RE LEE
I guess the Backcountry is too new for meaningful user reviews. All I see right now are press releases and sponsored demos.

Unckebob

WKR
Thank you. I had a good conversation with my rep (Devin) yesterday and this morning. I am a stand hunter in Tennessee so weight is not a much a factor as length. We discussed the tradeoffs going with the 5.5" Backcountry vs the 9" B30. Ultimately, maneuverability in a box blind with a suppressed rifle is more important than ultimate sound suppression. I am willing to sacrifice some db reduction to a more compact package. I am looking forward to reviews about the Backcountry as they become available.

I once triggered off my 243 in a box blind without putting my hearing protection down over my ears. It was nowhere near as bad as I expected.

I am 100% certain that the fact I had the barrel outside the blind saved my hearing. If you do that, a smaller can might just work very well.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Here’s my 2 cents. No supressor ever sounds like the movies. Even my .22.

But if your goal is just hearing safe. Nearly all of them are great. The backcountry should do that based on volume. It will not be as good as a 9” suppressor. But that 9” will still
Sound “loud”.

Rock your 5.5” without ear pro and enjoy it. If that’s all you’re after.

My next can will be a nomad LTi. It will 100% be quieter than yours. But it’s way longer, fatter, heavier. I just am still chasing movie quiet. I’ll be disappointed no doubt!

(btw the real secret sauce is subsonics…which are worthless….)

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Here’s my 2 cents. No supressor ever sounds like the movies. Even my .22.

But if your goal is just hearing safe. Nearly all of them are great. The backcountry should do that based on volume. It will not be as good as a 9” suppressor. But that 9” will still
Sound “loud”.

Rock your 5.5” without ear pro and enjoy it. If that’s all you’re after.

My next can will be a nomad LTi. It will 100% be quieter than yours. But it’s way longer, fatter, heavier. I just am still chasing movie quiet. I’ll be disappointed no doubt!

(btw the real secret sauce is subsonics…which are worthless….)

A silenced 22 with cci quiet rounds is probably even more quiet than the movies.

Also, that lti is pretty rad, if I buy silencer #5 I’d take a look at that one, especially for using with my 300wm.

OP
General RE LEE
I once triggered off my 243 in a box blind without putting my hearing protection down over my ears. It was nowhere near as bad as I expected.

I am 100% certain that the fact I had the barrel outside the blind saved my hearing. If you do that, a smaller can might just work very well.
Our barrels are always out the window when shooting. We use the window frame as the rest for the fore end.

Attachments

• 0CE10FE8-F5D9-47C4-9F17-ADCB096BC99D.jpeg
    0CE10FE8-F5D9-47C4-9F17-ADCB096BC99D.jpeg
    254 KB · Views: 37