First Suppressor: Banish Backcountry or Banish 30

Tahoe1305

WKR
Figuratively or literally?
Well that’s a good question. I’d have to do db math….but technically 100% more quiet is equal….. it will be more quiet by a noticeable amount but still loud. If that is fair.

If I wanted a can for your mission I would pick up the backcountry over the LTi though. Other cans I’d consider would be the ultra5 (guessing less quiet by a tad) and nomad Ti(guessing more quiet by a tad), but the specs on the backcountry are appealing for sure.

Tahoe1305

WKR
A silenced 22 with cci quiet rounds is probably even more quiet than the movies.

Also, that lti is pretty rad, if I buy silencer #5 I’d take a look at that one, especially for using with my 300wm.
I got some sub .22s to shoot tomorrow out of a 10/22. Hoping so as well. So far my 22 suppressor has been underwhelming.

Megalodon

Lil-Rokslider
This thread is a little ridiculous to me. Why would you roll the dice on a new suppressor that appears to be nothing but marketing so far. It's probably fine, but there are multiple proven cans out there with great performance and great CS support.

Also... you're blind hunting in Tennessee.... if length is a big concern cut the barrels down. An 18" 6.5 CM is plenty for shots out to 200 yards on deer. Get the Ultra7 or the Dead Air.

OP
General RE LEE
Regardless what others think. And personally wouldn’t be my choice, but any suppressor is better than no suppressor.

That's my line of thinking. I am sure it will be an improvement vs no suppressor and the reduced length has more importance than ultimate db reduction.

I ordered a Tikka CTR 20" barrel 6.5 Creedmoor this morning. 20" Tikka barrel with a 5.5" suppressor should suit my needs well.

Megalodon

Lil-Rokslider
That's my line of thinking. I am sure it will be an improvement vs no suppressor and the reduced length has more importance than ultimate db reduction.

I ordered a Tikka CTR 20" barrel 6.5 Creedmoor this morning. 20" Tikka barrel with a 5.5" suppressor should suit my needs well.
Cool. Sounds like the TBAC Ultra5 would be a perfect option for you. :rolleyes:

Gadjet

Lil-Rokslider
So obviously this is nothing more than a Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge thing! I screwed a Banish 30 onto my 300WM the other day and I was impressed. No ear protection and I could have comfortably shot all day. I have 2 Backcountries on order and I'm sure they'll be just fine for my intended use, which is hunting.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
So obviously this is nothing more than a Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge thing! I screwed a Banish 30 onto my 300WM the other day and I was impressed. No ear protection and I could have comfortably shot all day. I have 2 Backcountries on order and I'm sure they'll be just fine for my intended use, which is hunting.
I really like my banish 30 too. I really enjoy it when people who don’t have one tell me how much it sucks and how it’s not repeatable.

I shoot the banish 30 gold on calibers up to 300wm it is awesome, accuracy is consistent, sound suppression is awesome compared to several of the ones brought up on the thread including the regular banish 30 in both configs. The backcountry has a slightly larger od like a dominus etc. I am guessing it will perform great.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I contacted Jospeh von Benedikt (Backcountry Hunting Podcast, gun writer) and asked about this suppressor when it was released since he had been using it. He said that it was "pretty darn good" for the size compared with others he has used. I ordered one b/c of the slightly larger volume for the weight/length.

I think that Gwerks Six+ is something I'd have a hard time not ordering if looking at other light/compact options.

I obviously used SC - once they had my fingerprints, my Form 4 signing and submission over a video call with screen sharing was super quick and easy. The notifications they do prior to shipping it to your front door obvoiusly take some extra time - when I'm waiting 6-mo plus, hard to really care at that point, but I do understand how that could be annoying. I'm just hoping to have my custom in-hand before the silencer....

OP
General RE LEE
This is my first suppressor but my expectations are similar to when I drop off a buck at a taxidermist for a shoulder mount. It’s not going to be ready anytime soon.

For what it’s worth , I own 14-15 silencers now and each one I purchase seems to be getting smaller and smaller . The 9” silencers I have sound great but they are too long and heavy . My harvester evo and Hyperion K are much handier and I use them so much more but I’m still thinking of going smaller , like an otter creek hydrogen K or tbac ultra 5 .

Duh

WKR
I have a Banish 30 and have no complaints with the can. The company on the other hand really sucked to work with. Still have yet to receive responses from them.

It’s was my first can and I chose it for the modularity. 7inch isn’t horrible but I’ve decided to just run it in the full 9inch configuration.

Shoot 300 win mag, 6.5 PRC, creedmore, 223, and 300 blk out.

Pilsner

Lil-Rokslider
my back country is in the mail hope it preforms as advertised
Got mine Friday evening and zero'd 3 rifles with it today to get my LOI/POA changes written down.
Really really like it especially for the weight.
To be fair my time behind suppressors outside of the military is limited.

I just went through a bit of the same process as OP. I also ruled out the Banish 30 and went with a slightly shorter suppressor. It was not the Backcountry but my priorities were the same as yours. Maneuverability while hunting out ruled max suppression