First Lite NEMO Longbow Alpine Sleeping Pad Review, By Jordan Budd

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Like most of us, Jordan is always looking for ways to get her sleep system dialed in so it isn't too heavy or bulky but provides the right level of comfort. You can't hunt effectively for long without good rest. This season she tested out the NEMO Longbow Alpine sleeping pad available from First Lite. Check out her review to see how it performed.

First Lite NEMO Longbow Alpine Sleeping Pad Review

If that’s the case, the -20F rating is pretty dubious.
This is my understanding of the EN/ISO rating for sleeping bags:
The EN/ISO testing protocol requires a zipped up sleeping bag with the hood cinched along with several other requirements including using an R 4.8 sleeping pad.
Therefore technically if you were running a properly EN/ISO rated -20 degree bag with this pad then you should stay alive. 🥶🥶🥶

I have the Tensor Alpine and have used it in single digits in the truck bed. It did fine with my zero degree lamina bag. I also have a exped 10lxw for the truck and it's much more comfortable.

TGLBRH

Lil-Rokslider
I was looking at this pad but after your review it doesn't sound like something I'd want to gamble $239 on. I'll stick with my Klymit for now. Thanks for the review.

CO-AJ

WKR
Exped publishes a R Value to temperature matrix on their website, which I used when selecting my pad. I went with an Exped Synmat UL W. R Value is 5.0 which is a zero degree pad rating. Just over two bags of air to inflate, and I dont feel the ground when sleeping on my side. Compresses down to about the size of a Nalgene.

Exped publishes a R Value to temperature matrix on their website, which I used when selecting my pad. I went with an Exped Synmat UL W. R Value is 5.0 which is a zero degree pad rating. Just over two bags of air to inflate, and I dont feel the ground when sleeping on my side. Compresses down to about the size of a Nalgene.
Sounds like good stuff.

hn0527

FNG
Moosejaw is where I got mine, and if you are military or 1st responder you can enroll in the id.me site and it gives you 20% off. I really like the design of the Exped products and it is very quiet compared to the Thermarest products.
Thank you I will give it a look!