First Lite Customer Service = GARBAGE

Except the Costco pants are like capri pants on me. I pay $192 for the extra 3-4". LOL
So this is really why I wear FL.
Kuiu and Sitka are cut for orangutans.
If you're 5'8" and have a 45" chest and 36" waist, some stuff looks like you are wearing your big brothers clothing.
FL fits very well for people who aren't over 6' tall.
I've not had the durability issues you all report but I also recognize the weakness of merino and not use it in any area that gets friction or abrasion.

the problem is more the product than the customer service. I can't think of any clothing company that will let you return pants after multiple days of outdoor wear. Obsidians blow out the crotch, it's pretty well known. but they're comfy, quite, cover a lot of temps, and don't get too stinky. its all about tradeoffs.

Sitka CS would absolutely make it right in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lowg08

WKR
I find all of this funny. I’ve never had bad FL customer service. On the other hand. I have never had good Sitka or kuiu customer service and the worst pants I’ve ever had to pick and rip are Sitka timberline pants. So. I guess it’s all off personal experience. With that said. I don’t wear my merino in situations it’s ain’t made for like busting brush

Ucsdryder

WKR
I dont understand these direct to consumer companies needing a proof of purchase for a warranty or repair. You made the product and stamped your name in bright orange logos all over the garment. It is obviously bought from you.

2nd hand used sales on rokslide?

Lowg08

WKR
I dont understand these direct to consumer companies needing a proof of purchase for a warranty or repair. You made the product and stamped your name in bright orange logos all over the garment. It is obviously bought from you.

It boils down to revenue. If you spent the money then it’s a direct purchase. BUT how can I guarantee they were not in a yard sale for 5 bucks or the dump with a busted crotch. You google it find a warranty clause. The company is not warranty a defective product you purchased. It’s a product some one else did and your wanting 200 britches. You ain’t invested in.

2nd hand used sales on rokslide?

Why does that matter? Its still the product they made. Who care who bought it or has owned it. Im not saying give a pair of free pants to every tom, dick or harry that rips them. But can give a repair at a reasonable cost (or free if its an issue that every pair ever made has had).

It boils down to revenue. If you spent the money then it’s a direct purchase. BUT how can I guarantee they were not in a yard sale for 5 bucks or the dump with a busted crotch. You google it find a warranty clause. The company is not warranty a defective product you purchased. It’s a product some one else did and your wanting 200 britches. You ain’t invested in.

Shouldnt matter where it was bought or who owned them. If you make a failing product you should stand behind it, or offer a reasonable repair fee (especially for known issues like the crotch in these pnts). It is a $200 pair of pants, I would not expect this same CS or care from wal mart but thats a lot of damn money for a pair of pants.

Last edited:
OP
Bocephus131
Nah, but not going make an account to whine on the internet about pants ripping that I got for free 🤷‍♂️
If you spent $200 on a pair and they ripped out on you I would be willing to bet you sing a different tune.

That's the point of the thread. Their website is littered with reviews similar to mine where they did nothing for the customer. If you like First Lite great, I'm just giving a heads up before you lay the money down. Go to their website and read the first 10 reviews on their Obsidian pants make your own assumption.

Lowg08

WKR
Shouldnt matter where it was bought or who owned them. If you make a shit product you should stand behind it, or offer a reasonable repair fee (especially for known issues like the crotch in these pnts). It is a $200 pair of pants, I would not expect this same CS or care from wal mart but thats a lot of damn money for a pair of pants.

I’m sure a handful of garments of the thousand produced and random opinions of the garment doesnt make It a crap garmet or they would have to stop production. It Is a cost vs profit situation. many more satisfied than dissatisfied customers. If you have any experience with customers interactions. You would understand that no matter what. You can not make everyone happy. Also as long as Sitka, kuiu and others keep selling 200 pants they will not all pass the gamut of hunting rigors.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Why does that matter? Its still the product they made. Who care who bought it or has owned it. Im not saying give a pair of free pants to every tom, dick or harry that rips them. But can give a repair at a reasonable cost (or free if its an issue that every pair ever made has had).

Obviously first lite cares. And every company that lists the warranty valid to the original owner. Such every bow company.

OP
Bocephus131
But you didn't spend $200 on pants they were gifted to you
So if your old man buys you a pair of $200 pants and gives them to you for Christmas, and on the second trip out the crotch blows out rendering them useless.....you're going to tell your old man that shit happens and thank him for throwing his hard earned $200 down the toilet.....copy that, to each their own.

KHNC

WKR
When Pnuma first came out they had an issue where the zipper pockets fell apart after keeping in storage for 6-7 months after season. I realized this 3 weeks before i was to go on a Wyoming Antelope in August. Called Pnuma to discuss. They shipped me out a BRAND NEW pair of pants the next day for my hunt and a return label for the defective ones as they were aware of the issue. After my hunt i received my original pants 100% repaired. Never had a problem since with the zipper seams. All their gear has been top notch along with calling them about literally anything related to their gear.

Ok moral of the story Im gathering, do not do any Christmas shopping at FL during their CHRISTMAS sales. The warranty doesn’t count for whoever you give the GIFT to. Excellent business model…
61685312c18b7635c07a14108ed31b5d.jpg

Lowg08

WKR
So if your old man buys you a pair of $200 pants and gives them to you for Christmas, and on the second trip out the crotch blows out rendering them useless.....you're going to tell your old man that shit happens and thank him for throwing his hard earned $200 down the toilet.....copy that, to each their own.
Depends. I feel if it’s max one and been discontinued for 7 years, he didn’t spend 200 and no warranty is to be honored. Bought then new from factory not discontinued model. I’d have dad send them back with the original purchase