First Lite 2014 line

Thought I'd post this up for everyone to check out. We did a quick review with Ryan from First Lite at the ATA show covering all the new stuff. Most of it won't be here until mid-summer but at some point I'll start taking pre-orders. The new North Branch jacket is going to be pretty sweet.

[video=youtube;3A-ruWfz4l0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A-ruWfz4l0[/video]

Thanks,
Steve

I really like first lite, their puffy is my favorite piece of gear I've gotten in a Long time, but 100+ bucks for a tech fleece. That's a little steep for me.

Climber

FNG
Thanks for posting.
I got a puffy this year as well and I'm amazed at how well it adapts to different temps. Those new pants look like the business as well.

The stormtight is going to be my next set of rain gear, I've got the sitka jet stream lite And am really not impressed with it.

Mtnboy

WKR
Sucks they didn't put a hood on that jacket.

Why not atleast one that zips off?

Personally, if I'm gonna have a jacket like that to block wind/light rain it's not worth the weight to carry one without a hood.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hope to be able to run some of the Northbranch gear soon, it looks like a solid option if you like soft shells.
One thing the catalog does not clearly state is the changes to the Kanab pant. I've spent a bit of time in the 2014 Kanab and the crotch has been modified to provide more flex. Pretty cool improvement to an already pretty darn nice pant.

I also like the look the Stormtight series pants, especially how the leg zipper appears to go all the way to the waist line. That's been my favorite feature on my old rain pants and am real curious to see how First Lite's version looks.

My Uncompaghre jacket just outright performs. Living in Alaska I spend a lot of time in a puff jacket and it just continues to impress. I sure hope they expand the line to offer vests and hood-less options in the future. Be nice if the vest and the hood-less jacket were a slightly trimmer fit so a guy could just add on the layers....

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
I am also excited about the FL 2014 line. I like how they take in customer feed back and actually spit out the product the next year.

n2horns

WKR
in the 2014 FL line, I didn't see a pant that was similar to Attack or Allios? Did I miss it or FL just doesn't have one? Side note the Stormtight pants are next on my radar, that and a look at S&S's Exo pack.

n2horns

WKR
Oh I realize the Kanabs. I have a pair in ASAT. I was looking to see if they were xoming out with a light stretchy pant.

OP
S&S ARCHERY
any chance the chama EXP will be offered in anything other than black?

Not sure on that one, pretty sure they are just keeping with Black.

I have samples of all the new 2014 stuff here at the shop, if anyone has any questions just let me know and I'll do my best to answer or to post up pics.

mmw194287

WKR
Just watched this video again. I thought I wanted to get a set of the North Branch stuff when the jacket came out, but now I'm thinking that I want to get a set of the Boundary Stormtight when the pants come out....decisions, decisions.

I'm a big fan of softshells for the strech/durability factor, but it looks like those stormtight pants are pretty burly and also have quite a bit of flex. Is the jacket the same way? I don't have much familiarity with high-end hunting rainwear--mostly own cheaper backpacking stuff like marmot precip (which doesn't have much flex, nor can it survive alot of crawling, scrambling, brushbusting), and also super-heavy duty Simms products (which are great, but pretty impractical for backcountry travel).

When hunting I carry my backpacking raingear, but really don't want to put it on unless its actually raining! I'd much rather have a multi-purpose waterproof layer, especially once there's snow on the ground. My backpacking stuff is fine for dry September hunts, but for damper months I was thinking about picking up the softshells. Now I'm thinking the stormtight (carried in early season, worn over layers later on) could do both?

Any personal experience that could shed light on these factors (mobility and durability) re: the stormtight v. the northbranch would be greatly appreciated.

flatfoot

FNG
How much does the fleece pullover weigh? Is the waffle fleece very similar to the Patagonia R1?