First Lite Challis Fleece Jacket *Review Added 6/19/24*

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have this and the FL Origin? Both seem to be fleece midlayer with the Origin being a bit more durable and the Challis being more windproof. Can anyone provide their experience? Thanks!
Very different pieces, not a great comparison to be made IMO (I have both).

The Origin is basically a fleece sweatshirt with a hard face. I wouldn’t say it’s “more durable” than the Challis, although I haven’t been able to put it through its paces.

I’m honestly not really sure how to compare the two besides saying to think of the Origin as a sweatshirt and the Challis as an actual jacket.

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe I missed it but how quiet is it? Quiet enough to draw on deer sub 20 yards with no wind?
IMO, that would be very challenging, but doable. I think that is challenging with anything other than skin tight merino or a short sleeve! The material that is on the inside of the sleeves is what I think is going to prevent this piece from being "dead quite". I wouldn't hesitate at 40 yards though.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
IMO, that would be very challenging, but doable. I think that is challenging with anything other than skin tight merino or a short sleeve! The material that is on the inside of the sleeves is what I think is going to prevent this piece from being "dead quite". I wouldn't hesitate at 40 yards though.
I thought that material was an interesting choice when handling those piece in person. Completely not what you’d expect with “fleece.”

Dhilton96

FNG
I got mine the other day. Hard to test in the middle of summer but it looks like it will fit my kit well, especially with the vents and if the wind proofing is legit. Fit is good as well as the pocket layout. It does strike me as a more sedentary hunting piece and may not breathe well when hiking.