First elk hunt

Just finished my first elk hunt and ended up doing solo archery in CO. I didn’t get one, but it was definitely a spot I will go back to. I did happen to get a good look at a bull elk about 100 yards away, side hilling through the woods. As embarrassing as it is, I thought it was a horse walking through the woods at first glance. Haha. Now for my questions, since I really had barely any knowledge of elk hunting outside of reading about it and watching videos. There were also cattle around, but I swear I found a couple spots that were covered in elk poop and rubs. Do you guys usually focus on these areas for a day or 2, or do you just keep it in mind and hunt the surrounding area, trying to find them instead of waiting for them to come back into there? And tell me if you all think this one pic is an elk wallow. Again, there were cattle around this spot, but there was also elk poop all over and rubs on trees like crazy around here. There appeared to be a rub and elk poop right next to this mud hole also. Thanks for any input and advice.

Attachments

• IMG_3660.jpeg
    IMG_3660.jpeg
    861.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3683.jpeg
    IMG_3683.jpeg
    805.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3686.jpeg
    IMG_3686.jpeg
    513.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3684.jpeg
    IMG_3684.jpeg