Final decision scope on my 6.5prc?

• Thread starter Deleted member 8-15-23
  • Start date

WKR
So after my 10 day waiting period, Friday I decide on a 4x14 vortex viper, or a 4x14 leupold?? Leaning towards leupold after 50 years. Don't care to shoot over 500 yards. So what do I mount friday?
I picked up a 4.5 x 14 x 50 leupold freedom. No parallax adjustment version. Got it for 600 local. It's on my weatherby 6.5 prc. Super clear and I don't shoot past 500 and it does great for a point and shoot.

Like it better than my vortex diamond back I have on my magnum.

huntnful

WKR
My 60 year old dad loved leupold his life also.... Until last year when his zero shifted 2 MOA high on a Mark 5 causing him to miss a buck twice. Verified zero right before the hunt, and the zero shift directly after the misses.

He couldn't get that thing off his gun fast enough, and switched to an NX8. Glad he's a quick learner haha. Also another Mark 5 just took a crap in the field at my last shoot too.

sndmn11

Well Known pink hat wearing Rokslider
So the scope people here rave nonstop about being bullet proof and the best is 220 bucks with rings and a level? Okay, Ill give the kool aid a sip.

Are they on sale? There's a mil and moa version, so just pay attention to which you select.

It's a very hard pill to swallow that the least expensive scope around from a relatively anonymous brand is the choice over "you get what you pay for".

So the scope people here rave nonstop about being bullet proof and the best is 220 bucks with rings and a level? Okay, Ill give the kool aid a sip.
Probably some of the best kool-aid I ever took a sip of. Might as well take a full drink and get a tikka lite stainless in 223 while you're at it. That combo is what has become known as the RSS(Rokslide Special)

Note: didn't realize they were on sale again plus free rings and level. You just cost me some money lol

Deywalker

FNG
Are you no longer able to backorder them for the sale price? It's not letting me place one for the mil/mil 6x

Remington92

Lil-Rokslider
My willpower does not need that level of temptation. I've been wanting a different scope for my M1a EBR, I just cant decide between 10x and 6x for that heavy DMR type rifle.

sndmn11

Well Known pink hat wearing Rokslider
My willpower does not need that level of temptation. I've been wanting a different scope for my M1a EBR, I just cant decide between 10x and 6x for that heavy DMR type rifle.
Hunting, the 6x.

I think if you are shooting at targets, 10x, and I think the side focus version we have on a t1x is pretty neat.

Deywalker

FNG
Make sure your on the right website as they have 2 for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's the same site I've purchased all my other SWFAs on, trying to backorder it just gives me a 404. It might be an issue with the mobile site, I'll try It on my desktop when I get home.

It's the same site I've purchased all my other SWFAs on, trying to backorder it just gives me a 404. It might be an issue with the mobile site, I'll try It on my desktop when I get home.
It was giving me the same problem when I tried to order the backordered 6x mil. I think I'll call them tomorrow