Fieldcraft is about to be back on the menu boys

z987k

WKR
I wouldn’t think they will go down,I bet the new fc is 3500 ish.
Plus like most companies lets see what they change and screw up.
Like the new NULA that is anything but.

I hope you're wrong though. But an inflation adjustment alone on the MSRP from when they were launched to today puts it right at $2k.

ianpadron

WKR
If they cost $3k+ new, not sure how many they sell.

$2k, pretty sweet deal and will hopefully bring down the used prices.

Whittaker closed out 3 .25-06 Fieldcrafts for $1300 a piece and I didn't buy one. Only gun regret I've got

z987k

WKR
If they cost $3k+ new, not sure how many they sell.

$2k, pretty sweet deal and will hopefully bring down the used prices.

Whittaker closed out 3 .25-06 Fieldcrafts for $1300 a piece and I didn't buy one. Only gun regret I've got
I bought mine for right around 1300 well before they quit making them. Was not a popular gun when they came out.
Also the non threaded model is stupid and shouldn't have existed. And they sold even worse so makes sense they had to close them out.

Those rifles didn’t sell that well when they were $1500 and even when they were being closed out because sales were poor, if they pop back up for $2500+ they’ll probably sell a few initially to those who have been begging for them and paying absurd prices and then barely be able to sell them again.

I just don’t see who would buy one at that price or what they currently get traded around for over an Element which weighs a few ounces more and is arguably a better rifle all around. IMO they’re only so desirable because you can’t get them anymore.

I just don’t see who would buy one at that price or what they currently get traded around for over an Element which weighs a few ounces more and is arguably a better rifle all around. IMO they’re only so desirable because you can’t get them anymore.
I'd agree on that. I do wish Seekins Elements were available with shorter barrels, such as 18" ones for 6.5CM. That's really the only perk I see the FC having over it.

Drenalin

WKR
Their custom shop will make you literally anything you want. You’ve just gotta call and order.
I thought I had read somewhere that any work through the custom shop starts at $3,500 - any truth to that, or is it basically like a rebarrel fee if you wanted an Element with a really short barrel?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I thought I had read somewhere that any work through the custom shop starts at $3,500 - any truth to that, or is it basically like a rebarrel fee if you wanted an Element with a really short barrel?
I don’t know about the custom shop but apparently they will rebarrel their rifles with any length you want for ~ 500 dollars. I’m thinking at some point I’ll sent my element in to get an 18” barrel.

I got the seekins option list/order form and didn’t see anything under 20.I inquired about 16-18 inch in a 6.5 or 308 but haven’t heard back.

I think people didn’t realize the fieldcraft was a good gun until they couldn’t get one.You sure dont here anything but good about them.

ljalberta

WKR
I got the seekins option list/order form and didn’t see anything under 20.I inquired about 16-18 inch in a 6.5 or 308 but haven’t heard back.

I think people didn’t realize the fieldcraft was a good gun until they couldn’t get one.You sure dont here anything but good about them.

There's a couple things I don't love about my Fieldcraft, being the bolt throw can be stiff, the optic mount options are limited, and I wish the comb on stock was a hair higher.

That being said, I still love it more than any other rifle I own, and I'd be hard pressed to ever get rid of it.

If they do I would imagine by the time inflation / material cost is applied they will be $2499.
I hope not but I kind of suspect that will be the case. If they go anywhere north of $2,100 it'll be hard to choose them over paying a bit extra to get a Seekins.

Seekins is temping me except there barrel length and fluting.
Curious what do you think is better about the seekins even though there 2700?