Favorite Solid Color for Hunting

ianpadron

WKR
I started scooping mostly Grey after watching my buddy disappear into a hillside on a rifle hunt a few years back. I could clearly see his KUIU Vias pack but could barely make him out sitting right next to it in the rocks/alpine foliage.

Grey with OD seems to truly disappear in most environments out West.

pcassada

Lil-Rokslider
I own a bit of each, but it I could only have one, I think it would have to be a tan. This could just be my preference for areas I typically hunt though. I’ve definitely started shifting towards solids though.

OP
Windrunner17

Windrunner17

Lil-Rokslider
I'm pretty convinced when hunting ungulates a rust/brick color might be the absolute best color out there.

OP
Windrunner17

Windrunner17

Lil-Rokslider
Thrilled to find this thread, I have been trying to find a pair of Major Brown Kutanas 2nd hand since they seem to have been discontinued. I have never even seen it in real life, but on my screen it looks like the exact medium brown / dark tan that I’m looking for. I’m pondering getting some Corrugate Guides in the new Terra color instead. However on my screen Terra looks a fair amount darker than Major Brown.

Sounds like multiple people on here like Ash a lot... does anybody have any strong opinions on Kutana vs Corrugate Guide? I care a lot less about the color than the performance!

croben

Lil-Rokslider
Thrilled to find this thread, I have been trying to find a pair of Major Brown Kutanas 2nd hand since they seem to have been discontinued. Was thinking about getting some Corrugate Guides in the new Terra color instead.

Sounds like multiple people on here like Ash a lot, however. Anybody have any strong opinions on Kutana vs Corrugate Guide? I care a lot less about the color than the performance!
No experience with the Corrugate Guides, but I love my Kutanas. I have a few pieces in Ash and I’ve been very happy with the color.

Gseith

Lil-Rokslider
I have been wearing more grays and buying gray colors for anything new.
I still wear camo top and solid bottom bow hunting.

lintond

WKR
Shot my elk this year in all grey. He was confused why the Michelin man was standing in the woods since I had my puffy on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk