Favorite mid layer hoodie

Bump79

WKR
Love my Peloton 200 for a lighter fleece. I wear it only probably 25 hunts a year for the last 5 seasons through a lot of thorny brush. I highly recommend it over my other fleeces.

three5x5s

WKR
base... Capilene 1 silkweight short sleeve Tee.
mid layers : Sitka light weight hoody, and
Brule Alpha 90 hoodie form Superior fleece. 120 when colder

Anyone used a pro merino 200 and a peloton 200? Stuck between these two.
Yes- the pro is not warm but breathes really well. I have one in green and I wear it a ton at work. The Peloton is slightly warmer but not crazy warm. Think like a hoody for running or something lIke that

My favorite / most versatile is a Marmot Driclime. It’s a windbreaker with a light fleece lining. Patagonia R1 / Arcteryx Atom SL are not far behind.

sr80

WKR
Are you able to give a comparison to the Peloton 240?
240 is more of a light jacket in my opinion with a tad of windstopping ability. The brocco is just a straight up lightweight fleece. with a hood and thumbs holes. Its my new fav second layer for cold temps.

RAPTOR

WKR
Sitka Ambient hoody is slowly taking over my grid fleeces…I won’t give up my core heavyweight yet but I find myself wearing the ambient on cold days as a mid layer and bringing it as my outer layer on warmer days in the stand.

Dr.Chill

FNG
Sitka Ambient hoody is slowly taking over my grid fleeces…I won’t give up my core heavyweight yet but I find myself wearing the ambient on cold days as a mid layer and bringing it as my outer layer on warmer days in the stand.
How do you layer the Ambient with your other layers? Am a bit worried how the Ambient face fabric will hold up to piling and wear if constantly exposed to pack straps and Bino harness straps - felt the Heavyweight Hoody handled these generally well. My Celsius Midi got eaten up by my Incinerator bib straps over a season or two. Had to shave off this spiderweb looking piling from the wear points....disappointing to say the least

MT_Wyatt

WKR
How do you layer the Ambient with your other layers? Am a bit worried how the Ambient face fabric will hold up to piling and wear if constantly exposed to pack straps and Bino harness straps - felt the Heavyweight Hoody handled these generally well. My Celsius Midi got eaten up by my Incinerator bib straps over a season or two. Had to shave off this spiderweb looking piling from the wear points....disappointing to say the least
Mine's been pilling a bit - hard to say how much it'll end up being across its life or if it'll get out of control, but so far it is acceptable to me.

Honestly after my first backpack trip I noticed the sternum strap pilling it a bit - BUT so far the performance outweighs the negatives, for me.

sveltri

WKR
Its a toss up for me between the Sitka heavyweight and the Born Primitive quiver hoodie. The Sitka is a little warmer, but I'm a fat kid and prone to easily breaking a sweat.

RAPTOR

WKR
Mines getting some rub marks. I’ve worn it or brought it on every whitetail hunt this year so far. I haven’t worn it with bibs yet. The coldest treestand sit I’ve had was 35 degrees with 12-15 mile an hour winds. I had on a t shirt, long sleeve merino, heavyweight core zip (not hoodie) for the walk in. Threw on the ambient when I got to my stand and didn’t have to throw my Jetstream on for probably just over an hour as I cooled down. The milder sits (upper 40’s to 50’s) I’ll wear the same thing, but a thicker merino long sleeve - no core zip up, and use the ambient as my outer layer. My marsupial straps haven’t done any damage yet.

I recently acquired a Kings XKG hoody with face mask. Wow this thing is a value. Soft fairly heavy fabric, form fit hood, great camo pattern. I had Scheels price match $89
PN XKG4214-XK7

I’m personally using the Sitka lightweight hoody with a dakota vest early season. Ditch the vest and throw the Dakota Hoody over when the temp drops. Pairing this up with some merino long underwear beneath the Sitka grinder pant when the cold hits too. Granted I am hunting the Mississippi Delta and Western TN.

Trial153

WKR
Core heavy weight followed by the fanatic. In times that a full zip makes sense I go traverse or R1 full zip

Great thread btw.

I have two Sitka heavyweight base layers; one hooded and one non. They’re great for cold weather when you’re active. Sitting in the slightest wind they lack the thickness to hold heat.

I just received a Nomad Break hoodie thinking it would be a cheaper alternative to the Sitka ambient. Ordered a large (6’1” /210#) and was short in the arms and torso. I’m sure going to an XL would fix the problem but also be large in the torso… with that being said, if you’re shorter the fit might be perfect.

Looking at purchasing a first lite origin hoody soon.