Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Other

Votes: 14 14.3%
  • Sitka

Votes: 11 11.2%

• Total voters

husky390

WKR
Where's the "sale rack" choice? So far I'm using ASAT poly long sleeve shirt with ASAT cotton pants. The shirts awesome, the pants suck. Kryptek has a sale going on so I'm going to order the Valhalla combo and give it a try. But, of everything I own, I'd have to say my merino wool undershirt, longjohns, and socks are my favorite.

7mag.

WKR
I voted Kuiu. I have Sitka as well, but prefer the Kuiu. I am happy with everything I own from both companies, but Kuiu seems to be a bit higher quality. I haven't tried the other companies listed.

kamcgraw

Lil-Rokslider
I have a good mix of both First Lite and Sitka. I haven't had a single issue with either. My Ascent pants are on their 4th year, and I have put them through hell. I guess if I had to choose one though it would be FL. IMO you cant beat their merino and the new outerwear is awesome.

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Ya, 35's aren't LONG when you're 6'6".

Thats odd, I am 6'5" and the 35 inch inseam on the Krypteks were long enough for me. There was plenty of hang over too, I bet you could probably lower them too at the bottom.

BTW, I wear 36x36 in jeans, so i was skeptical on the 35 inch inseam, but they are generous.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
They work well from 36.5-37 on down.

I don't think he tried them.

Haven't tried the Kryptek's specifically, but every other 35" inseam has been short by at least 2". And that's just to get them to ankle length. A lot depends on what size rise they use, which if longer and 35" can possibly work.

I have some Cabelas Microtex in a Tall that are perfect, but ordered some of their insulated Microtex Talls on sale a couple weeks ago and they're 4.5" shorter overall than the regular Microtex talls.:mad: It's a crapshoot with every different manufacturer out there. Will try the Krypteks and see how they fit. Hey sreekers, can you measure yours and tell me how long they are from top to bottom total length. My Microtex are 49".

Last edited:

tttoadman

WKR
I voted Core4. It is the only one on this list i have tried, because i am not convinced that 2-3x the cost is worth it. The C4 fits me perfectly, and I am thrilled with how it performed this year for me. I was still using cotton long johns 2 years ago. I do really like my Sitka gloves. I am just thrilled to find the great reviews you guys do to help us newbies out.

OP
D

dotman

WKR
Haven't tried the Kryptek's specifically, but every other 35" inseam has been short by at least 2". And that's just to get them to ankle length. A lot depends on what size rise they use, which if longer and 35" can possibly work.

I have some Cabelas Microtex in a Tall that are perfect, but ordered some of their insulated Microtex Talls on sale a couple weeks ago and they're 4.5" shorter overall than the regular Microtex talls.:mad: It's a crapshoot with every different manufacturer out there. Will try the Krypteks and see how they fit. Hey sreekers, can you measure yours and tell me how long they are from top to bottom total length. My Microtex are 49".

FYI... I may be wrong but I do believe you will have to order the longs from the Kryptek website, I have only seen my short 32in inseam in Cabelas.

I voted KUIU because to me they have the best fitting outerwear that is quiet enough for close situations inside 20 yards and functions the best in less than desirable situations. First Lite is a very close second because their merino products are far and away the best. I have not tried any of First Lites new outerwear for this year. Tried some Sitka stuff but the majority of it is just too noisy or unaffordable. Tried some Kryptek stuff and it was pretty quiet but just didn't have the higher level of fit and performance that KUIU offers for me not to mention their outrageous shipping charges and poorly constructed cardboard boxes that were on two seperate occasions falling apart by the time they reached my doorstep. For others Kryptek will fit better but for me KUIU is the best outerwear with First Lite base layers.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I have both Kryptek, and Kuiu gear. I like them both. I like Sitka as well. I think each company excels in certain areas of the clothing market, but you can't really go wrong with any of them. Especially when comparing these hunting clothing lines compared to what was available in hunting lines just 10 years ago. Though its still hard to beat some of the mountaineering stuff in some instances as well, but the gap is closing for sure.

Stid2677

WKR
I voted for Kuiu, because at 67 inches tall, 165lbs and a 30 inch inseam they fit me better. I have some First Lite pieces too and like them, as well. I also like some the the Kryptek gear too, (love the Highlander pattern) but the pants are sized wrong for me, med too tight and large too big and 32 inches is too long and most of the pants are not really made to be hemmed. I also believe Kuiu is not really BIG guy friendly. Wore Sitka gear for years and have a lot of pieces I like, but the quality seems hit and miss. Outdoors lovers are truly blessed with so many great choices, buy what YOU like and get out there and enjoy!

boom

WKR
i didnt vote. i'm like one of those optical illusion posters..where if you squint and let your eyes fall out of focus..you see dinosaurs..

my camo is all over the place. nothing matches. you ever seen an elk squint?

i have sitka. but i think i am gonna sell a kidney and buy KUIU. i fondled it all, wore it all, at the store. the stuff is pretty cool. just need to decide on the camo pattern.

eleaf

FNG
I generally have been using a smartwool base layers, Under Armour mid layers, and Stormkloth II outers. I LOVE my Stormkloth jacket/pants.

I'm in the process of procuring a First Lite set of camo for everything (Llano Crew, Chama hoodie, Springer vest, UNCOMPAHGRE PUFFY) except long johns (I'll stick with the smartwool long johns which are awesome).