Facemask/headcover for archery

Can anyone recommend a good facemask to use fo archery elk hunts. Most I have found are either too thick and hot, or don’t allow me to find my anchor to execute a good shot. Looking for a good, lightweight face cover that doesnt muffle hearing or obstruct my anchor point.
Or am I wasting my time and don’t need it? I have always either grew a beard, which won’t happen this year, or worn a mask of some sort that has affected my shooting.

I haven't worn a mask in years but when I did I found the only mask that worked for me was spandoflage.

I wear glasses and struggle with them fogging up. I did find a camo mosquito net at WalMart several years ago. works good

7Bartman

WKR
As a whitetail hunter, I always wear facemasks. However, I quickly found out that they are too hot for Sept. elk so I went to face paint. Doesn't change an anchor point either. Can also help block the sun.

Simms sun gaiter. I picked it and the half finger gloves for spring turkey hunting. But plan to use them for archery deer as well.

Sitka Core Lightweight hoody....the mask on that thing is money. Lightweight, comfy, concealing, and keeps bugs out of your face when they're around. Also provides good sun protection for hot days on your neck

cnelk

WKR
Saturday evening I flanked a hunter that was working up a draw.
He had a camo head cover on and was only 50yds away.
I was walking an old road and he never even heard me.

I dont know why anyone would cover theirs ears with something that would limit hearing.

TX_Diver

WKR
I've just gone with the cheap ones on amazon. Wear it as much to keep the sun off as I do for camo. a 12 pack is like $5 and comes with a variety of camos. The snow camo and bluewater camo just get used while mowing around the house.

TX_Diver

WKR
Super cool.

Guessing these are screen printed and white fabric on the inside, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're white-ish (color shows through a bit though) on the inside. I'm not sure on the screen printed. I've had em for over a year with no fading or discoloration so far even through washing em a few times and wearing em a bunch.

Brandon_SPC

Lil-Rokslider
Take a couple of wine corks with you, char the end with a lighter, smear it on your face and neck. You won't have to worry about neck gaiters and the charcoal comes off fairly easy with baby wipes, unlike some face paint.

I though I would need a face cover of some type until I watched the 5 foot bull video where South Cox takes a bull at 5ft with no face cover/paint. Now I'm contemplating not using anything.