Face paint

flytrue

FNG
I don't like to shoot with a face covering, so I'm considering paint. Any suggestions? Clean up is important to me. I don't want to have to take a shower to get it off.
Carbomask sounds good. Anyone use that?

Ron.C

WKR
Lol, I just grab a fistful of dirt and rub it on the high points of my face (forehead, nose,cheeks, chin). Washes off in a pinch with a damp cloth. Worked well for me to kill plenty of elk and deer in close with a bow.

Tradchef

WKR
Lol, I just grab a fistful of dirt and rub it on the high points of my face (forehead, nose,cheeks, chin). Washes off in a pinch with a damp cloth. Worked well for me to kill plenty of elk and deer in close with a bow.
This if I do anything at all. I used to wear point blank black brown for on the ground whitetails and that cleaned up with soap and water or a wet wipe

I'm the opposite. I can't bring myself to use face paint, but I'll shoot with a tight fitting face mask all year round. No problems for me.

I’ve always just used some charcoal from the last burn that I find lying around, or barring that I burn one end of a wine cork with a lighter. It’s light, oil-free, and easy to clean

dlee56

WKR
No face covering or paint here. Could just be the young elk I run into but I can’t say I’ve ever been spotted because my face was uncovered.

JNDEER

WKR
I don't like to shoot with a face covering, so I'm considering paint. Any suggestions? Clean up is important to me. I don't want to have to take a shower to get it off.
Carbomask sounds good. Anyone use that?

You got to sneak up on those pigs while they are sleeping- lol.

But- I agree with others and the use of carbomask

OP
F

flytrue

FNG
I used the Carbomask and here is my review. I like it! it's easy to clean off my face with a warm washcloth. It was harder to get off the back of my hands. It did the job of hiding my face, it was harder to see me in my trailcam pics.
I also tried charcoal and it was pretty good too.
Now I gots to shoot something.

Wrench

WKR
Burn a wine cork. It weighs nothing, lasts forever, shows the wind and washes off easy.