Experience with FL zip off Kiln pants?

Fry

FNG
Anyone use the zip off First Lite base layers? Im considering the Kiln pants. Seems like a good concept.

Are the zippers uncomfortable? Do they work well (connect easy, dont prematurely unzip)?

Thanks!

AggieOutdoors16

Lil-Rokslider
I used these for about 15 days in the field this past year and loved them. Never noticed the zipper and enjoyed the ability to easily shed them as I moved around

Reactions: Fry
Merino is super comfortable. Don’t really notice the zippers while wearing them. The zip up easy and don’t come unzipped on their own. The longer version is really long but not terrible. I’m prob a 32-33 inseam.

Reactions: Fry

DmichaelD

FNG
I have the fuse boot top zip offs and love them. They are so convenient to be able to add/shed the layer without untying boots. Never noticed the zipper and works very smoothly for me. Highly recommend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Linedawg

Lil-Rokslider
I have the kuiu love them don’t notice the zipper at all there were 3 of us in Colorado we got warm decided to stop and take off base layers 2 of us were balancing on rocks the other guy had the zip off I ordered the kuiu as soon as I got home haven’t looked back ( first lite had not come out with there’s at that time or I probably would have ordered them but the kuiu have been flawless)

I have FL fuse zips and I’ll say they’re super comfortable. I didn’t bother with zip offs for kiln. I use the kiln boot tops and have them as my permanent base layer. Albeit, I use them under the corrugate foundry which has hip zips to vent.

IME, you can go with a slightly heavier base layer bottom IF you’re able to vent with your bottom outer layer. This provided me with comfort throughout a wider temperature range without having to continually don/shed layers.

Tbuckus

WKR
I have both the FL and KUIU zip offs.
I would highly recommend zip offs to your wardrobe. The zipper is not noticeable and the ability to take them off without taking off your boots is priceless.
If I had to choose one, it would be the FL. It is slightly more comfortable

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have both the FL and KUIU zip offs.
I would highly recommend zip offs to your wardrobe. The zipper is not noticeable and the ability to take them off without taking off your boots is priceless.
If I had to choose one, it would be the FL. It is slightly more comfortable
Is the FL more comfortable because of fit or material feel?