Zip-off base layer bottoms. Firstlite vs Kuiu?

If i didnt already own a pair of kuiu zippoffs and SG helio bottoms i would be all over the helio zipoffs.
I love my helio set.
I will say the zip off design on the new helios appears well thought out.
Lots of SG clothing that is tempting me bad right now. Maybe i need to cull the herd so i can get more SG gear

2muchhp

WKR
I will add if you have a short inseam the full length FL zip offs are a real pain. The zipper ends up punched up by the ankle. With that I went to boot cut zip offs and love them.

OP
krist003

krist003

Lil-Rokslider
I have an update. I ended up buying the First Lite Kiln zip offs and like them better than the Kuiu.
The FL waist band is thinner, they fit tighter, are softer, and offer more stretch/movement.
And just because the inseam is longer doesn’t mean you have to stuff them in your boots. Just fold them up to whatever inseam you need (use them like boot top version). That’s what I do. Works great.

2muchhp

WKR
Yeah I can't stand all that bunched up material, particularly with a 10" boot it puts it all quite high. I have even tried twisting the zipper to a different spot, just doesn't work for me. Boot tops are perfect for that(by design). I don't think they make the Kiln in zip off though, furnace yes.

OP
krist003

krist003

Lil-Rokslider
That makes sense. I don’t like tall boots so the boot top version were too short at times. It does seem odd that they don’t offer the kiln zip off in boot top version though. I’m not even sure why they still offer the non-zip off version. I can’t live without them now 😆

dtrkyman

WKR
I have the KUIU, nice but if I get another pair they will be 3/4 length, so First Lite.

2muchhp

WKR
Me either , bad ankles the extra support helps
No kidding - come on FL lets have the zip off BT Kiln.

My son ended up with my full length, he was smiling.

I guess the short of it is imo the FL bases are nice.