exo mountain pack

you packed anything out with it yet?

no blood yet.....season just started, work in progress. my confidence is there with it due to my time thus far, and speaking for myself i just like it, it is strait forward and simple, well thought out. i do not have to try and like it or question weather i do or not i just do, that simplifies my time by not having to worry about that part of my outings. i hear you though regarding not hauling actual game with it yet and understand how that is a factor and presents at times a awkward situation if not thought out...... the ovious is it is new to all of us so time will still be the real test, at this point i cant see any stitching failure in the near future. i have hauled similar weight with this pack that would replicate a meat haul, and yes in the mountains. no pack feels great past 80 pounds to me but the load lifters work and have kept the weight of my shoulders, its easy to move the weight around giving breaks to my body, with heavy loads i move the weight around as i go be it a kifaru or this... (for me) i like the system in general more than the kifaru set up i had. once again for me.....i like how the frame feels natural when wearing. the duplex i had i felt lots of frame, i wished it was more narrow and shorter. perhaps it could have been modified to fit but felt it was not ment to be for me.

my background comes from more of the mountaineering end of things and like a streamline design that is more narrow and allows freedom and more natural movement while crawling around the mountain and variable terrain as that is most of what my time consists of rather than hauling dead critters. this is an area where i think this pack shines. it compresses tiny. in the end it is a pretty cool set up..........
the one thing i think i would like better is longer compression straps on the back of the pack. would be handy in certain circumstance.

I decided to order a 5500 the day they changed the order page to "sold out" :-( after seeing more positive feedback, I'm now waiting patiently for them to start taking orders again.

Hmmmm. Kind of weird that no one is getting shipping updates this week. I thought it was odd that out of nowhere they were sold out of EVERY pack too. I have received conflicting emails from them on dates of shipping and accessories. I hope they are doing ok.....

edg1967

WKR
Me either. I returned my ASAT pack because I wanted to order one in Foliage & am hoping I'll have it by next week for a scouting trip. I'm guessing I won't see it for this weekend's trip since I haven't gotten a shipping notice yet. It's gonna be kind of interesting trying to do it with a Zippy. I should have kept the ASAT.

Just wanted to give an update to everyone, things are moving along but definitely slower than we wanted. We were supposed to have everything 100% in stock and shipped last week from the sew shop but at the pace they are going we are at least another week out from that. We are pushing them as hard as we can. I know we are cutting it close and I promise Lenny and I are doing everything in our power to get the packs shipped.

We have the majority of the pieces here but sill waiting on Shoulder harnesses and the remainder of the belts. That being said this Friday a lot of packs will be shipping, mainly Coyote and a good portion of the ASAT. Next week from what we can tell we'll have the Foliage and remainder of the ASAT ready and will get them out right away.

We really appreciate everyone's patience and support through all this. If we are cutting it too close to your hunt please give me a call and if we have too we can overnight a pack or whatever it takes to get you one in time.

Accessories we had to put on the back-burner to ensure packs shipped before September but they will be made immediately after.

Lenny and I sincerely apologize for all the delays and lack of accuracy in our shipping times, a combination of the amount of orders that have come in and the sew shop being slower than they anticipated has really bogged things down. This entire year has been quite the roller coaster and I know at only 30 years old I've had way too many grays hairs come in. We are taking a lot of steps right now to make sure future orders will not have these issues.

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:

_Nick_

WKR
Just wanted to give an update to everyone, things are moving along but definitely slower than we wanted. We were supposed to have everything 100% in stock and shipped last week from the sew shop but at the pace they are going we are at least another week out from that. We are pushing them as hard as we can. I know we are cutting it close and I promise Lenny and I are doing everything in our power to get the packs shipped.

We have the majority of the pieces here but sill waiting on Shoulder harnesses and the remainder of the belts. That being said this Friday a lot of packs will be shipping, mainly Coyote and a good portion of the ASAT. Next week from what we can tell we'll have the Foliage and remainder of the ASAT ready and will get them out right away.

We really appreciate everyone's patience and support through all this. If we are cutting it too close to your hunt please give me a call and if we have too we can overnight a pack or whatever it takes to get you one in time.

Accessories we had to put on the back-burner to ensure packs shipped before September but they will be made immediately after.

Lenny and I sincerely apologize for all the delays and lack of accuracy in our shipping times, a combination of the amount of orders that have come in and the sew shop being slower than they anticipated has really bogged things down. This entire year has been quite the roller coaster and I know at only 30 years old I've had way too many grays hairs come in. We are taking a lot of steps right now to make sure future orders will not have these issues.

Thanks,
Steve

Lots of companies have growing pains Steve. You are handling such challenges in the exact way I'd want: by being open about the holdups, explaining why they've happened, and apologizing for them. Next step might be to find a sew shop that can better handle the volume you guys are putting through! I very much look forward to my pack.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU

Thanks,
Steve

Steve, thanks for the update and hang in there. Just think, grey hairs one day, and the next day you'll be buying a sports team for 2 billion...............
I really do think though that you should ship to all the Idaho guys first........:cool:

Randy

Cranny

Lil-Rokslider
Steve, thanks for the update and hang in there. Just think, grey hairs one day, and the next day you'll be buying a sports team for 2 billion...............
I really do think though that you should ship to all the Idaho guys first........:cool:

Randy

I 2nd this!!!!

parshal

WKR
You are handling such challenges in the exact way I'd want: by being open about the holdups, explaining why they've happened, and apologizing for them.

I second this sentiment. Steve, you have answered my phone calls to your cell and given clear answers. I don't know of any other company that provides that level of instant communication. Keep it up (if it's even possible with your success).

I agree. Steve and Lenny are handling everything great. Being honest and up front with your customers is the best way of doing business. Although it's going a little slower than expected I hope everything stays going good! Can't wait to receive my pack!

Thanks,
Steve

PM sent, as I ordered a Foliage.

I will vouch for the Exo pack and the great service Steve and Lenny have and are providing. They are backed up for one reason and one reason only. They developed a SUPER KICK ASS PACK that is selling like crazy!! A whole lot more than they anticipated. I know the wait sucks but the end result is way worth it!!! Hang in there guys.

Jim