Exo Mountain K4?

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Well, 150 pounds is the point wear the pack becomes uncomfortable after 2 miles for me due to the lumbar pad. Still very workable, but not fun any longer.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Well, 150 pounds is the point wear the pack becomes uncomfortable after 2 miles for me due to the lumbar pad. Still very workable, but not fun any longer.
It’s so much more lumbar pressure than my SG frames. Still breaking mine in, how much time is on yours? I had to get a much thicker pad on the SG frames to make them work well for me so it’s somewhat similar. Kurt mentioned a few times that kind of pressure really didn’t work for him when talking about the Krux design.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I've had my pack for over a year, not tried counting miles, but probably have over a hundred miles on it.

The lumbar pad is very comfortable at 100 pounds, it is comfortable at 135. At 150 it starts collapsing down and I had to tighten the belt a few times.

150 on the K4 feels better than 120 on a K3 or Seek Outside, that is based on memory, with a few years in between.

sr80

WKR
It’s so much more lumbar pressure than my SG frames. Still breaking mine in, how much time is on yours? I had to get a much thicker pad on the SG frames to make them work well for me so it’s somewhat similar. Kurt mentioned a few times that kind of pressure really didn’t work for him when talking about the Krux design.
I used to double stuff my SG lumbar pads as well, when i got the K4 i felt the lumbar pad, but it didn't feel like too much pressure to me. I think it was just the feeling of the larger lumbar contact area that i had to get used to. After 5-7 good hikes i found i didn't notice it anymore.

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
Having used a DL, the K4 lumbar pad isn’t noticeably large to me. I find it comfortable.

However the SG with smaller lumbar pad seems to stay put better than the K4 does, on me. I thought I’d have to double stuff the SG, but haven’t found it necessary.

I know they’re different frame shapes, but out of curiosity, has anyone removed some foam from the K4 lumbar as an adjustment?

Iltasyuko

FNG
I just received my K4 3600 and 7200. I recently sold my other high end pack from another brand - this K4 feels way better to me. The pack just works better as far as fit and comfort go for me and it’s much more user friendly. The bag design is straight forward with the right amount of straps. I found my previous system with so many straps and locking buckles to be so much effort to keep in order. Really happy with my K4 purchase. The Nalgene holder is the best I’ve seen and same for the easy open and close hip belt pockets.

Last edited: