Exo Mountain K4?

prm

WKR
My 7200 should arrive Monday per the tracking info. I went with a coyote brown frame and hip belt accessories, and then a ranger green bag and lid. We will see how it turns out in person tomorrow! Hopefully this doesn’t offend BRtreedogs or give my pack any bad ju-ju 🤣
That color sounds about perfect to me.

mcseal2

WKR
My 7200 should arrive Monday per the tracking info. I went with a coyote brown frame and hip belt accessories, and then a ranger green bag and lid. We will see how it turns out in person tomorrow! Hopefully this doesn’t offend BRtreedogs or give my pack any bad ju-ju 🤣
I'd like to see a pic of that when you get it, sounds kinda cool.

I'm inquisitive today so I have another question. I hate bow quivers and have always used a Cat Quiver. So, when not using a bow quiver how do you guys use a quiver? I have always liked being able to just reach back and get an arrow from my Cat Quiver. Pictures may be required I apparently don't have much of an imagination.

Cspraggins

Lil-Rokslider
Luckiest pack I ever had was a ranger coyote hybrid! That pack color combo was so lucky that the bucks would hunt you!
I only ran it for 2 years to help preserve the wildlife in the areas I hunted.

View attachment 535224
View attachment 535227View attachment 535228
View attachment 535229View attachment 535230View attachment 535231View attachment 535232
Hope it brings me similar luck on my dall sheep hunt this fall!
I'd like to see a pic of that when you get it, sounds kinda cool.
Will post pics of it compressed and loaded tomorrow evening.

I have a feeling I'm going to find myself buying one of these frames or sewing my own approximation. I'll need to make friends with someone who owns a laser cutter to handle that SQUADRON though...

It's like a refined Kifaru frame, and I mean that in the best possible way.

tanker

Lil-Rokslider
I apologize if this has been covered but I am on the fence between 25 and 26.5. I remember discussion about cutting the stays if they are too long. Is there any disadvantage to me going with the longer and cutting them myself if needed? Also will there be a video showing the procedure for this? Thanks.

I apologize if this has been covered but I am on the fence between 25 and 26.5. I remember discussion about cutting the stays if they are too long. Is there any disadvantage to me going with the longer and cutting them myself if needed? Also will there be a video showing the procedure for this? Thanks.
Steve mentions in one of the K4 videos that they will be releasing a video on how to cut the stays.

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
One thing I will miss is being able to hunt with a slightly shorter frame and then extend out for a heavy pack out.
Keep in mind that with K4 there is inherently better head clearance, while at the same time, the frame sits slightly higher. You get better mobility and better load-lifter angle at the same time, without needing to use extensions.

Keep in mind that with K4 there is inherently better head clearance, while at the same time, the frame sits slightly higher. You get better mobility and better load-lifter angle at the same time, without needing to use extensions.
I noticed that immediately, feels like it has more lift yet better head clearance. I honestly can’t find even a small nitpick on the k4, to me so far, it seems to be the perfect pack.

Extremely light for how substantial it is too. You guys seriously killed it with k4

Hard to make it feel saggy at all too, the weight naturally sits well even loading the pack without being mindful of that… all around excellent, and that Nalgene pocket is just snazzy… I personally don’t like bladders, I’m not great at keeping them clean and they gross me out a little, but even more I dislike having to drop my pack to get a drink and you absolutely can’t feel a full Nalgene with your attachment system

Only thing I would like to see is a weapon holder similar to the gun bearer that utilizes that same row of molle, and it sounds like you guys are already plotting on that.

100% most comfortable waist belt and it grabs good, didn’t have to have the belt very tight to stay put with 35# and lots of walking, even in rain gear, I have always liked exo, but man, you guys outdid yourselves… very different design but maintained that hunting mode comfort I have always appreciated about exo.