Exo Mountain K4?

Haven't been to the sportmans show on a Saturday in probably 10 years, and Saturday I was reminded exactly why...
5k in ranger green, Nalgene holder with the 26.5" frame.. glad I had Steve fit me, otherwise I would have ordered the 25".
Didn't stick around too Long, had the gf with me and being as it was Saturday it was packed but managed to swing by just as they were not quite as busy.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Haven't been to the sportmans show on a Saturday in probably 10 years, and Saturday I was reminded exactly why...
5k in ranger green, Nalgene holder with the 26.5" frame.. glad I had Steve fit me, otherwise I would have ordered the 25".
Didn't stick around too Long, had the gf with me and being as it was Saturday it was packed but managed to swing by just as they were not quite as busy.

how tall are you? Do you know your torso length? I'm 6', with 18" torso. still don't know what size to get

how tall are you? Do you know your torso length? I'm 6', with 18" torso. still don't know what size to get
I'm 5'9 220... not sure on torso length, but Steve said because I have a large chest he went with 26.5 to get the shoulder straps further over my body.

When I ordered my kifarus, which I still have Aaron told me with my torso, 24 or 26 would work as i was right on the line. I have both and can't see much difference.

5'11" 225lbs 34 inch waist. I've been running the k4 for the last 2 years. I've tried the 26.5 and the 25. I've got a pretty long torso for my height and found the 26.5 a little bit more comfortable. That said I prefer the 25 for the added head clearance.

Here's the 26.5 probably around 90lbs loaded
Screenshot_20230219_181055_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230219_181112_Gallery.jpg

Here's the 25s. Probably close to 150lbs camp +95 swaro, rifle, whole deer w/bone in quarters cape and head.
20220921_075356.jpg20220921_075423.jpg

Last edited:
If you get the 26.5 inch, you can always cut it down. Have to get new stays to add length to the 25 inch.

Here's another with the 25 with half a boned out bull elk. I adjusted the harness one slot down from the picture with the whole buck and camp.
(Sorry to those who read this early where I said it was at 26.5 my pack gets parts changed often and I can't keep it straight sometimes)

Screenshot_20230219_183105_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230219_183105_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230219_183105_Gallery.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
I’m 6’1” approximately 19” torso. Wear 34” pants They fitted me at the show with the 26.5” frame and medium belt.
Thanks for posting Bobcat, you are sittibg roughly where I am, 6’1”, 190 lbs with a 34 inch pant size. Where did you sit with the shoulder strap udjustmebts?
I’m 6’1” approximately 19” torso. Wear 34” pants They fitted me at the show with the 26.5” frame and medium belt.
Thanks for posting Bobcat. I’m sitting pretty much where you are; 6’1”, 190 lbs, 34” pant, 21” lumbar, (courtesy of REI tool) with an athletic build. In the K3, I was running the tall frame, and even with the adjusters on the lower setting, the lumbar was too long. I ended up removing the adjusters and capping the tubing flush, and it was perfect. But this was with the shoulder straps maxed to the shortest setting. Where did you end up on the 7/8 frame attachments/slots with your setup?

Thanks for posting Bobcat, you are sittibg roughly where I am, 6’1”, 190 lbs with a 34 inch pant size. Where did you sit with the shoulder strap udjustmebts?

Thanks for posting Bobcat. I’m sitting pretty much where you are; 6’1”, 190 lbs, 34” pant, 21” lumbar, (courtesy of REI tool) with an athletic build. In the K3, I was running the tall frame, and even with the adjusters on the lower setting, the lumbar was too long. I ended up removing the adjusters and capping the tubing flush, and it was perfect. But this was with the shoulder straps maxed to the shortest setting. Where did you end up on the 7/8 frame attachments/slots with your setup?

Great question Randy. I have no idea where it was on the frame attachment. Now that you mention it I wish I paid attention to to the frame setting.

I tried the 25 inch frame but Didn’t like the load lifter angle.

O
Well, we will be adding 2 k4’s to the family. We’ve been running exo’s since the beginning. Currently have 2 k2’s and 2 k3’s and lots of bags. Probably won’t get rid of any of them. But we’ve fought slippage when heavy to the point ive Considered trying others packs but Steve and the exo group has been really good to us over the years. Ended up checking them out at the pdx expo and placed 2 pre orders for the 5k’s. Other then being in the no ass camp which causes problems (probably with any pack) I’ve been incredibly happy over the years.
OSU,
Same boat here. Have k2,k3. K3 slips 80# and up. Steve helped fit me up on a 5k K4 and got the order in. I went 25" medium belt 6' 190# I don't know my torso length. I've ran 24" and 26" Kifaru in the past also. I like all of them but prefer lower profile for a lot of the timber hunting. Open country taller is nice.

Back