Exo Mountain K4?

svivian

WKR
I went and checked it out today at the show. It definitely doesn't have a frame sheet. Two vertical carbon stays with some thinner horizontal carbon stays for rigidity. Mark went over it with me.

Also, I made the mistake of trying it on and I'll be placing an order at some point soon. I don't need a new pack and have plans to pick up a new bow or I would have bought it on the spot. It felt good enough that I'll be buying one soon even though I had no plan to upgrade this year.

I actually put it on and asked how much weight was in there, guessing 30 lbs. It was actually 53. Still a far cry from a heavy meat pack out but it felt really great with that weight for me. It's been a couple of iterations since I've tried an Exo pack but this belt felt a little better than my Kifaru so consider me impressed.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
I completely agree with this. Got my hands on one yesterday and was very impressed. I will be owning one soon.

svivian

WKR
The more I look at the zippered side pockets the more my excitement is dying down.
I had a 44mag and took it on 1 hunt. Then adapted an exo 4800 to the Kifaru frame.
I just found the zippered side pockets inconvenient.
But the 44 mag doesn't have stretch pockets on the corners. So I guess I could use those. I usually put my trekkers in the open top pocket so the sun doesn't shine off of them.
Maybe some spray paint is in order to. Why aren't trekking poles a flat color?

I know Steve says the k3 bags are not compatible but im not afraid to cut the buckles off ether.

I'm super excited for the K4 frame updates, the angles molle is awesome and the double stretch pockets.
I need to see one in person.
I thought the same when I saw the zippered side pockets. However now that I have actually seen the pack it’s much better than I thought. It seems larger than the old side pockets and a swaro ATX 95 fits in it easily.

In regards to putting trekking poles however that would pose an issue

I thought the same when I saw the zippered side pockets. However now that I have actually seen the pack it’s much better than I thought. It seems larger than the old side pockets and a swaro ATX 95 fits in it easily.

In regards to putting trekking poles however that would pose an issue
Mite have to go to the trekking poles that fold in 3rds.

Do the new side pockets open at the top? I like having the ability to slide my whole rifle down the side pocket when I am not gonna need access to it. Keeps it up and well covered and protected.

Randy1833

FNG
Currently running a 30 litre OverBoard Dry Flat Bag between my bag and frame on the K3 3200, adds another 1800 CI, when needed. Also running a 6400 for 10-day trips. Hoping Exo comes out with a flat dry bag to run between the bag and frame. Thinking I can almost run a 5000 for everything, with a dry bag on the load shelf, when needed.

Jake195

FNG
Would there be the option of adjusting the curvature of the stays in order to get a more customized fit if it felt like the pack didn’t fit my back curvature quite right?
Idk if this has been addressed in previous posts but I haven’t seen it when I’ve been reading through.

Mite have to go to the trekking poles that fold in 3rds.
The small stretch pockets (water bottle pockets for lack of a better term) work well too, and under the compression straps, handles down of course … unless I’m not understanding you correctly

I do like the concept of Z style poles though, since they are more compact in general

The small stretch pockets (water bottle pockets for lack of a better term) work well too, and under the compression straps, handles down of course … unless I’m not understanding you correctly

I do like the concept of Z style poles though, since they are more compact in general
It works.
But every pole I've ever seen has some kind of shine.
Glint in the sun.
Mine happen to be the red black diamond

Ronge

FNG
I’m sure that everyone knows but it is being showcased now. Released for sale soon

Yes, and it is shown in some photos. Its also the best design Ive seen on a hip belt. It attached at an angle on right where the shoulder strap meets the hip belt. This helps prevent belt sag and also get it out of your arms way. Its these small but simple designs with Exo that really are separating them.
It is the best design I've seen on a hip belt as well. Usually don't carry a nalgene cuz there hasn't been a good way to do it until now. Might finally ditch the bladder and go this route to save the weight

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Would there be the option of adjusting the curvature of the stays in order to get a more customized fit if it felt like the pack didn’t fit my back curvature quite right?
Idk if this has been addressed in previous posts but I haven’t seen it when I’ve been reading through.
You would have to pick up two pieces of aluminum and bend them to your preferred shape but it wouldn't be hard.

zwickeyman

Lil-Rokslider
Currently running a 30 litre OverBoard Dry Flat Bag between my bag and frame on the K3 3200, adds another 1800 CI, when needed. Also running a 6400 for 10-day trips. Hoping Exo comes out with a flat dry bag to run between the bag and frame. Thinking I can almost run a 5000 for everything, with a dry bag on the load shelf, when needed.

That works great. I use a Zpacks small bag liner for the same reason. Check them out if you want to shave some weight. I use it with my 1800 for 2-3 day trips

sr80

WKR
Im totally new to the Exo pack show, so i was watching the video steve put out explaining the K3 bags, 3200, 4800 and 6400. The new bags look pretty similar with exception to the side zipper pockets vs the cinch cord top opening on the k3 bags. The k4 3600/7200 would still have the top opening stretch panel i assume? Where as the 5k has the zippered access stretch panel.

Im totally new to the Exo pack show, so i was watching the video steve put out explaining the K3 bags, 3200, 4800 and 6400. The new bags look pretty similar with exception to the side zipper pockets vs the cinch cord top opening on the k3 bags. The k4 3600/7200 would still have the top opening stretch panel i assume? Where as the 5k has the zippered access stretch panel.
Nope
Zippers

SLM

FNG
Really like the non zippered side pockets and front stretch of the K3. For those that have seen/used the K4, will/does a spotting scope in the side pocket push into the main bag?

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Really like the non zippered side pockets and front stretch of the K3. For those that have seen/used the K4, will/does a spotting scope in the side pocket push into the main bag?
Fitting a spotting scope is significantly improved. I wasn't sure how I felt about the zippered side pockets at first either. I can get my 95 mm swaro in and out easily with a full bag. Previously it was hard to get 80 mm scope in and out loaded. The front stretch pocket is a personal preference, I liked it as well but the zippered stretch pocket is very usable for different purposes also. Some guys just get married to putting their stuff in a certain way and that's understandable. I just started stuffing my jacket under the lid. I definitely end up with less pine needles without that front stretch pocket though.