Exo Mountain K4?

I have the same problem, but long term waterproof is pretty important where I spend most of my time… I just want to find that perfect light boot with lots of flex and stays dry

Kinda like a 4 year old saying he wants to be an astronaut 😏

I know, lightweight and flexible just do not go hand in hand with staying waterproof for some reason. These Technica's are the best I have found, the build quality on them is very impressive.

Still searching for that perfect shoe / boot though...

I have a K2 and K3. I do notice a bit of slip under heavy loads. Did I hear right that the K4 addressed this? Should I be upgrading for comfort. Man, I really love the K2 2000 set up….

Yes this is something I spent a lot of time in new designs addressing. You'll be very happy with how the K4 performs in this regard.

We will have a 1800-2000 ci bag out this summer.

Kurts86

WKR
What are the accessories in the works for the system? I heard the Inreach mini pouch mentioned on the podcast. Just wondering what else might be coming?

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
What are the accessories in the works for the system? I heard the Inreach mini pouch mentioned on the podcast. Just wondering what else might be coming?
Hip pockets, nalgene holder, load crib, inreach pocket, dry bag insert, stash pockets and locking buckles. I would assume the slurpee stalker, bow and rifle carrier will probably cross over and be continued as well. The other ones have been confirmed.

When will Kryptek Altitude be available 👾

I have a really good relationship with the Kryptek guys and they are another Idaho company which I love to support.

We definitely won't have the capacity to do anything this year but if possible we'll try to squeeze a limited run like we've done in the past with K3 sometime in 2024.

A heavy duty Velcro attachable inreach messenger pouch keeping the tiny screen and buttons accessible would be awesome. Keeping the unit oriented correctly and easily accessible like on the shoulder strap would be awesome. Kinda like below:

IMG_20221004_215450701.jpg

Final specs for you guys with weights.

Frame only w/ Small belt and 25" Frame = 2lbs 15oz

Complete 3600 pack w/ lid = 5lbs 8oz - Total ci= 3620 - w/ lid 4268

Complete 5000 pack w/lid = 5lbs 13oz - Total ci= 5010 - w/ Lid 5658

Complete 7200 pack w/ lid = 5lbs 15oz - Total ci= 7180 - w/ Lid 7828

The Lid is 7.5 oz and all the packs are designed to run easily without it. You can take 7.5 oz off the weights above if you want to run without a lid and get the pack as light as possible.

Steve, I assume the 3600 pack will be the one you use for most hunts? Although I just do not need 7000 plus of space, I find it interesting that it's only a 2oz weight penalty from the 5000 to the 7000 which aligns with the 4800 and 6400.

Zaubr306

FNG
I’m so ready for the k4, I was just about to pull the trigger on the k3. Guess I’ll hold off and future proof myself in terms of a long lasting pack!

I may have missed it somewhere but is there going to be any adaptor to use accessories that are not Molle friendly? I have a pistol holster that I really like and would hate to have to buy a new one

Thanks, Kevin

sneaky

"DADDY"
How many sizes does the frame come in ? Would be nice to see some of these in Australia. We love our winter sambar backpack hunts and a good pack is seriously important in the scheme of things. I'm definitely getting the big EXO when it is released, AND I hope I can get it dialled in for a good fit, something I have struggled with the SG Tallus. Just cant seem to get it right on the shoulders. It still is a good hauler. The Exo simplicity is another selling point for me.
22,23.5,25, 26.5 if I remember correctly from the podcast and what I read on the website. Was gonna stop in to see them on Thursday, but had to get back to the house to check wolf traps.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Any of you guys that currently have a K2 system who plan on upgrading want to sell me a K2 load crib panel. Feel free to PM so we don't derail this thread. Would like to avoid scammers with a WTB thread.
Thanks
What color you looking for?

JDbon

FNG
With the k2 slipping on me, I thought that the frame might have been the issue of it being too big but it’s a known issue with certain body types. I’m considering the shortest version of the k4 which is 22”? That way it wouldn’t slip under load as much since it will be shorter. Wonder if that’s the correct route/concept to take.

I’m sure Steve will have videos and fitment videos in the coming weeks with the release.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
With the k2 slipping on me, I thought that the frame might have been the issue of it being too big but it’s a known issue with certain body types. I’m considering the shortest version of the k4 which is 22”? That way it wouldn’t slip under load as much since it will be shorter. Wonder if that’s the correct route/concept to take.

I’m sure Steve will have videos and fitment videos in the coming weeks with the release.
No, then you will shift the load to your shoulders. You want a frame that gives an appropriate load lifter angle. The heavier the load, the longer the frame should be.

Last edited:
I’m considering the shortest version of the k4 which is 22”? That way it wouldn’t slip under load as much since it will be shorter. Wonder if that’s the correct route/concept to take.
I agree with Marbles, the amount of slippage has nothing to do with frame height. If your frame is 25" and it slips down you may be able to maintain functional load lifters for transferring the weight to the waist belt as opposed to a 22" frame that slips the same distance and has now transferred the weight fully to your shoulders.

sivart

WKR
Steve, would love to see a guide that shows the appropriate frame length per torso length.

ex. I have an 18" torso.