Exo Mountain K4?

twall13

WKR
I use the Marsupial belt as well without issue. I may try suspenders just out of curiousity but when I put on my First Lite suspenders it just looks like it would rub wrong. I guess I need to try it to see but I never se to get around to it since the Marsupial works for me.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

I use the Marsupial belt as well without issue. I may try suspenders just out of curiousity but when I put on my First Lite suspenders it just looks like it would rub wrong. I guess I need to try it to see but I never se to get around to it since the Marsupial works for me.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
I’ve used suspended as well without issue, both first life and sitka.

rclouse79

WKR
I finally took her for a spin this weekend. I hauled turkey decoys in the morning, and then glassed for bears in the afternoon. I am still in the honeymoon phase, but I love this pack.

G

geriggs

I'm having a similar problem, wearing a belt becomes irritating/painful on the top/front of my hip bone, no belt and annoyingly my pants slip down but 100% more comfortable. Thinking of suspenders but the clips/hooks would be in a pretty similar position and cause rubbing/pressure. Has anyone tried suspenders?

I move my back suspender hooks out wide so I don’t have many issues. Works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

judders87

FNG
Anyone have difficulty putting a near empty nalgene in the holster when wearing the pack? Seems a little tight and was seeing if there is more of a "break in" period for them. Every time I try to push it in it tends to slip at the opening when less than half full. Not sure if there is a good trick to make it go in easier. If the bottle is full it is much easier to slide in. Thanks.

One interesting change with the k4 is the classic comfort I have always liked with exo in hunting mode, but tighten everything up and it turns into a very stable solid feel and gets that rigid feeling, stuck in place, like part of your back. It locks in a load as well as any pack I have ever worn… it’s quite impressive… literally best of both worlds.

Glad you noticed that, it's something I forgot to discuss in the fitting video and I'll make sure to cover it in future videos we have planned. You can really lock down the frame to your back by snugging up the harness and vice versa if with lighter loads it's feeling too rigid just slightly loosen up the shoulder harness straps and it will feel completely different.

Anyone have difficulty putting a near empty nalgene in the holster when wearing the pack? Seems a little tight and was seeing if there is more of a "break in" period for them. Every time I try to push it in it tends to slip at the opening when less than half full. Not sure if there is a good trick to make it go in easier. If the bottle is full it is much easier to slide in. Thanks.

There isn't a break in period to it but there is a technique that works very well. I'll get a video posted up here later this week on it.

Essentially you hold the Nalgene by the very bottom of it, reach back to find the holster and then put it in there at a slight angle. If you are just holding it by the top / lid and pushing it down into the holster sometimes the fabric can roll over.

The original prana stretch Zion pants with the built in belt are the best solution I've found. They're supposedly bringing them back. No belt or suspender is comfortable for me. A thin piece of string or Paracord is the only other thing that's worked for me.

Echo what Dioni said, Prana's have been fantastic and outside of that a makeshift paracord belt is your best option.

I did build and test a belt last year that was just very thin 3/4" webbing with a ladder lock sewn to one end. It worked pretty well.

Ha! I thought I was weird for finding wrangler pants at Walmart that I preferred over my hiking pants.

I wonder if we are talking about the same style? I bought a few pairs last year and wear them for everything.

I’ve had two different quality wrangler pants but the same model. Who knows. Had the pockets tear off the one pair and the other is pilling really bad. But the first pair didn’t do that at all. Turns out you might just get what you pay for lol. I like my pranas better than the wranglers but who knows. Different strokes for different folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i've used the arcade mignight hiker belt the last 6 years with my packs, it's never given me an issue even with heavy loads. Very low profile, flexible, and soft.

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
i've used the arcade mignight hiker belt the last 6 years with my packs, it's never given me an issue even with heavy loads. Very low profile, flexible, and soft.
For an off-the-shelf option, the Arcade belt is what I'd recommend as well.

The marsupial belt would stretch open then pinch my fat. Horrible
The SG belt is good but it does not support a firearm well.
I like my firearm on my pants.
I mite have to go to carrying a chest holster in my pack and putting it on for field dressing.

I did build and test a belt last year that was just very thin 3/4" webbing with a ladder lock sewn to one end. It worked pretty well.

I have one of these lying around. May have to try it as a belt.

Attachments

• 2288C85C-6C8C-4AFF-ADD4-19A82E58F3D5.png
    2288C85C-6C8C-4AFF-ADD4-19A82E58F3D5.png
    330.2 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

TheHammer

WKR
First impressions on my k4 is that lumbar pad is large and quite firm. The pack frame is stiff and vertical, it straightens you right up. I didn’t get much time with it, yet, just adjusted the height of the shoulder straps, as it felt the pack wants to sit a touch high on me and with the pack empty moving the height of the straps didn’t change anything. I push down on the waste belt and it’s locked in place, doesn’t move. But I’ll watch some videos and get some serious time with it. I’m most excited that it doesn’t sit flat on my back. Huge shoutout to mark for working with me during my order, excellent customer service!

Ie this is a medium belt and I typically wear 32/32 pants. Frame is the 25”. I’m 5’10” 220

Attachments

• 312D0C7E-B0A0-4324-ACD5-31058E63E95D.jpeg
    312D0C7E-B0A0-4324-ACD5-31058E63E95D.jpeg
    153.9 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

slowelk

WKR
As for belts, I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Hill People Gear under pack belt. I've used it exclusively since another forum member turned me onto it. I've worn it under all my packs, and every mile I have in the k4 has been wearing that belt - no issues.

eltaco

WKR
Sorry to derail this thread into a pants belt/suspenders conversation. You guys have cost me some money on belts… looking forward to testing with a couple of options to find a better solution.

I guess we turned to a discussion on belts since there isn’t much in the way of constructive criticism on the K4 pack to provide

On another topic, I was a bit reluctant on the spotting scope zipper pockets, but I’m finding many ways now to make use of them. I much prefer this zipper design as opposed to my top entry pockets which stayed empty much of the time in my K3 use. There are simply way more useful opportunities with the side zip.

I also quickly fell in love with the new lumbar pad. Really took no break-in for me. I’m very pleased with the fit and feel right out of the box, and I haven’t been able to slip or sag this pack with any training loads as of yet.

Really nice attention to details!

Movadius

Lil-Rokslider
This thread is making me want to order a K4 frame and see if it fits me better than my Kifaru Duplex Tactical...

Wonder how tricky it would be to get my Kifaru woodsman on the K4 frame?